Oblivion (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPack #007) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 16, 2020
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order on October 22 at 8 PM - UK time)
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 850

1080_packshot_1024x1024.png

Oblivion Slipbox.png
oblivionsteelbook_1024x1024.png back_steelbook_1024x1024.png inside_steel_1024x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@paulboland this is the message you should be replying to. Aside from my own conclusion, those are facts. Argue that.
If you reach a different conclusion than mine that's fine, you're welcome to. You keep raving about those extra ticket stubs.
I'll keep pointing out that EB have increased their prices exponentially when compared with FA or even CM, which are bad enough. They haven't matched that increase in price with extra cards to warrant that increase in price over such a small timeframe, on the contrary, they have increased print run along with the price. That's the issue.

Do not reply that the slips are good.
They are still cheaper than FAC releases and include more items that is fact

4K FAC releases prices range from CZK 1599 (53.19) to CZK 1999 (£66.49)

EB 4K releases prices have been less

EB releases 4 out of 7 releases price been the same price £49.99 so there has not been a big price increase
Print run been less or more has nothing to do with price as these are WWA steelbooks that are shared print run with other retailers

Reactions: crib79
They are still cheaper than FAC releases and include more items that is fact
Going by the table I posted in the previous page that's not so.
If you're counting every single extra, as "1", then you have all the items that are included in both, and then you have EB having "6" additional extras FA doesn't include, but FA including "8" additional cards, which are also extras, plus a coaster, another extra bonus item. That's 6 vs 9 for the FAC.
Explain what you are counting to then go and say that EB include more items. Count each extra item as 1. Go on.

EB 4K releases prices have been less
Marginally less.
EB releases 4 out of 7 releases price been the same price £49.99 so there has not been a big price increase
That's definitely one way to look at it. Mine is another way.
Print run been less or more has nothing to do with price
Please explain because I disagree 1000%. It has everything to do with it.

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Meh.... Disappointed with this. Its the same head that's on the slip that's on the steelbook.

All the extra stuff is pretty crap aswell :(

I don't get it with Tom Cruise moviecovers.. It seems like he has to be on every frontcover as big as it can. I mean I like him as an actor and I like most of his movies but this is too much for me.. I keep noticing this :dizzy:

Reactions: Cyberpunk88
Print runs were mentioned here, and I think it’s very important to remeber that the “value” of the item after its purchasing is determined by print run very heavily, considering the item is at least decent.
CM was mentioned here and we all know how much their initial releases with 200-300 print runs are going for on the aftermarket. I’ll just drop The Thing and FMJ here.... so yes, print runs go along with prices.
This will not sell out easily for that price, and that print run, given this movie is far from iconic ( that situation is different for let’s say Psycho). I’m sure I’ll grab it cheaper on ebay later, when bulk buyers will be trying to get rid of it.

Reactions: DMD4k
Going by the table I posted in the previous page that's not so.
If you're counting every single extra, as "1", then you have all the items that are included in both, and then you have EB having "6" additional extras FA doesn't include, but FA including "8" additional cards, which are also extras, plus a coaster, another extra bonus item. That's 6 vs 9 for the FAC.
Explain what you are counting to then go and say that EB include more items. Count each extra item as 1. Go on.

Marginally less.
That's definitely one way to look at it. Mine is another way.
Please explain because I disagree 1000%. It has everything to do with it.
These are WWA steelbooks that are from a shared print run
So if EB get's 600 or 850 or gets less or more it will make no difference
The price is the cost of steelbook + the slip and other items included

You don't see price be less if print run is higher or if print run is lower it don't work that way with retailers
Price may be higher with third party sellers on Ebay when print runs are lower etc but that a different thing to a retailer selling price and is not relevant

Example a WWA steelbook for example from Zavvi that is limited to 500 or 1,000 or 4,000 is the same price for that steelbook with the retailer
Print run does not change the price

What changes price is when other items are included with a steelbook be it slips etc

So if EB get's 600 or 800 or gets less or more it will make no difference

You don't see price be less if print run is higher or if print run is lower it don't work that way with retailers
Price may be higher with third party sellers on Ebay when print runs are lower etc but that a different thing to a retailer selling price and is not relevant

Example a steelbook for example from Zavvi that is limited to 500 or 1,000 or 4,000 is the same price for that steelbook with the retailer

What changes price is when other items are included with a steelbook be it slips etc

I agree that for an established regular retailer print runs and prices don’t matter in the long run. However, premium retailers depend on how people perceive the probability of their releases becoming more valuable in the future, driving customers jump on the pre-orders and bulk buyers buy more copies in the hopes of making profit in the future. If the retailer is starting to not sell out their releases during the preorder, it creates the situation when people are less anxious to be fast with buying their next release, as there is a high chance to buy it cheaper later on.
Good example : Novamedia. When i see a release like Taken, i know 100% i will get it cheaper later on. If the same Taken was released by Filmarena it would sell out on the preorder , just because of how people and bulk buyers perceive Filmarena as something that brings value to the item on its own. Even Filmarena has troubles selling out their exclusive releases now, but that is partially solved by their collector’s number program forcing people to buy everything from them.

With Novamedia , compare how saught after first John Wick releases were, and what the situation is now. They go for much smaller margin on the aftermarket, mostly because the overall perception of the brand has changed after a series of failed releases with too large print runs.

So if EB get's 600 or 850 or gets less or more it will make no difference
Not true. It makes a big difference.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, but you forgot to add one important point, the retailer's profit per edition.
I disagree. It is completely relevant.
Example a WWA steelbook for example from Zavvi that is limited to 500 or 1,000 or 4,000 is the same price for that steelbook with the retailer
Comparing Zavvi with EB is like comparing an apple with an orange. They do not run the same way. EB is marketing their products towards a higher end collector than Zavvi is, so the comparison makes no sense.
Zavvi sells, for the most part, generic steelbooks, unnumbered, it could be a 10000 print run or 40000, the higher the print run the less important the number really is.
EverythingBlu sells limited and numbered editions. It's a different ball game. You know this so I'll leave it at that, just pointing out that you trying to pass off the Zavvi example as valid for EB too is a no go. Nice try.
Oh come on! You must be joking. Those items do change the price, but they are not the only factors that go into a premium retailer's price. And if you believe it is then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Print runs were mentioned here, and I think it’s very important to remeber that the “value” of the item after its purchasing is determined by print run very heavily, considering the item is at least decent.
CM was mentioned here and we all know how much their initial releases with 200-300 print runs are going for on the aftermarket. I’ll just drop The Thing and FMJ here.... so yes, print runs go along with prices.
Agreed.
This will not sell out easily for that price, and that print run, given this movie is far from iconic ( that situation is different for let’s say Psycho). I’m sure I’ll grab it cheaper on ebay later, when bulk buyers will be trying to get rid of it.
I think you're wrong here. I think this will sell out, so will Hellboy. And I wouldn't bet on grabbing this for cheaper than cost on eBay, I guess it could happen but that's a big gamble. EB editions have been gaining value in the aftermarket, as they should, in a very similar way as CM, FA, etc.

Agreed.
I think you're wrong here. I think this will sell out, so will Hellboy. And I wouldn't bet on grabbing this for cheaper than cost on eBay, I guess it could happen but that's a big gamble. EB editions have been gaining value in the aftermarket, as they should, in a very similar way as CM, FA, etc.
You’re right, I’ll roll that back. Just checked ebay)) should probably pre-order to be safe than sorry ahah)

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
I don't get it with Tom Cruise moviecovers.. It seems like he has to be on every frontcover as big as it can. I mean I like him as an actor and I like most of his movies but this is too much for me.. I keep noticing this :dizzy:
It's part of his contract apparently. He must appear on everything and I think he gets to sign off on what's used also.....