Oblivion (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: Novermber 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order 12 noon UK time Saturday October 3rd for Red Carpet subscribers and 6pm for everyone else)
Price: £24.99

12705873-8224804642866525.jpg
12705873-7334804642960665.jpg12705873-1564804642934769.jpg

Last edited:
I just googled that. I been to New York but didn’t recognise the San Diego building. Haha that is a bit crazy if they’re so far apart. Is it definitely the convention centre? Does look like it.

Really, really basic thin, cheap, nasty, rough oldschool matte. Genuinely makes WB releases look primo. Essentially the same as the Waterworld steel finish, but to my eyes it looks worse somehow. More metallic shimmer (not in a good way imo) and unfortunately not as sharp as I'd have expected, the same can be said for the interior. At this point I'm still considering returning it :banghead: :BS:
That's a shame. I was close to buying EB's premium edition too... bullet dodged I guessed!

Yes. One of my fave sci-fi movies. Like the overall atmosphere and great soundtrack. Think Tom cruise is underrated actor too. The swimming pool scene is stunning in 4K.
I’m totally with you. Love this film - and I will watch pretty much any film with Tom Cruise the actor - he’s one of my favourites, along with Denzel Washington. Tom Cruise the person, though, looks like someone who needs to be avoided.

Co
I’m totally with you. Love this film - and I will watch pretty much any film with Tom Cruise the actor - he’s one of my favourites, along with Denzel Washington. Tom Cruise the person, though, looks like someone who needs to be avoided.
collateral coming to 4K soon. Tom cruise great in that too. Just watched Denzel Washington in training day; brilliant in that. Equalizer 1 and 2 excellent.

Disappointing about the finish. This is yet another release that proves that the majority of steelbooks simply aren't collectable anyone.

Remember when full gloss steelbooks with embossing/debossing were a regular thing. Now it seems cheap nasty finishes are the thing.

Last edited: