Release date: October 22nd, 2018
Purchase link:
HMV
Price: £19.99

01-484076.jpg

02-484076.jpg
03-484076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet again Warner UK refuse to do a 4K/2D blu ray steelbook...Germany it will be then!

Warner Europe we have Tomb Raider, Ready Player One and Rampage 4K steelbooks but not here in rip off Britain!

Good that it don't have 4K
Price more reasonable for those that don't have 4K setup

I'm getting put off purchasing some steelbooks due to price because 4K UHD disc is included
I still have no plans to upgrade to 4K for a good few years yet

When price is £22.99 or £24.99 I don't mind if 4K UHD disc is included but when price is £29.99 and above it's making collecting steelbooks expensive for collectors not interested in 4K UHD

Unless film studios drop the prices with 4K UHD releases they be better off doing separate steelbooks for 4K and 2D/3D as they are losing out on purchases to those that don't have 4K Setup when price is £29.99 and above

Good that it don't have 4K
Price more reasonable for those that don't have 4K setup

I'm getting put off purchasing some steelbooks due to price because 4K UHD disc is included
I still have no plans to upgrade to 4K for a good few years yet

When price is £22.99 or £24.99 I don't mind if 4K UHD disc is included but when price is £29.99 and above it's making collecting steelbooks expensive for collectors not interested in 4K UHD

Unless film studios drop the prices with 4K UHD releases they be better off doing separate steelbooks for 4K and 2D/3D as they are losing out on purchases to those that don't have 4K Setup when price is £29.99 and above

I have a 4K set up (and 3D, which I actually prefer) but even I refuse to pay £30 for a standalone 4K steelbook.

I agree with you, when the price is £25, that's fair enough, but they are pricing me out now.

Anyway back on subject, (otherwise we'll get told off!!) I will likely order this.

Reactions: paulboland
Only way this steelbook would be acceptable to me is if the steelbooks for the next two films in the trilogy have a big fat "9" and "10" on them.

Reactions: robbodoc
Not much to be said about the Eureka style back 'art' except it's sad to see that WB have returned to the bad habit of text on the back of the steelbook instead of keeping it inside on the left or better still under the discs on the right - something they've been doing on all of their recent steelbooks.
Front is little better with the principal cast picked out in that annoying elongated print - of the style that one sees on Amaray wraparound sheets where as many names as possible are squeezed into the limited space available . . . as for the OCEAN'S 8 title: could be spot gloss or metallic . . . as much as I like silhouette artwork (< 14 yrs. of age ... lol) it's getting to be a bit overkill with so many recent steelbooks getting it . . . as for the giant "8": only reason I can see is to complement future releases w/ a matching giant "9" on the next and finally to complete the trilogy a giant "10" on the last.

Been out for almost a month here in the UK but as nobody's bought it/posted pics I'm forced to post pics of the same Italian edition .
Pics unsurprisingly courtesy nuikichiSB:-
DsXZm-4VYAALXPl.jpg:large

Absolutely nowt wrong with the insides and the red disc "RENTAL IS PROHIBITED" (lol) matching the steelbook (more or less) is pretty:-

DsXZnXHVYAAvmS1.jpg:large

DsXZnK_U0AA85J3.jpg:large

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
happy days? well, yes, in as much as i do genuinely like this film, and i was pleased to be able to watch it again. i bought it - yes, at the current price :rofl: - in a fit of frivolity when pre-ordering something else. :rolleyes: thought i'd leave the following for you just so you can see what could be yours if you can be bothered to wait for it to drop to single figures in price, which i am sure it will. fun film, but this really is one of the least-effort-made steelbooks in recent years.
here are the creds on the back of the j-card. realised this is not at all a great photo, so let me know if anyone can't read something and has any questions:
then the steelbook is slowly revealed via the gradual removal of j-card and ratings stickers!!! ok, i can't sustain or fake interest. in keeping with the amount of effort they put into this steel, i didn't bother photographing the back :sleep::
boring blue label disc - i'd actually prefer the red one above in @virkia's post. finally, i think the inside art is an odd choice, as it's a scene from the very end of the film:
so, worth it? if you're a fan of the film and want a steel version, i think this is the one :thumbs: - i can't see another steelbook version of this film coming out, or a premium :LOL:. wait for the inevitable price drop. basically, i feel like Sandra at the moment if someone were to ask me, 'did you buy this at the current price?':