Official National Football League (NFL) Thread

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
I couldn't see a thread for simply talking about NFL so thought I'd create one, surely there is some fellow fans in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good games at the weekend, some odd results can't believe how poor Rams and Seahawks were this week. Good wins for Steelers, Packers, and Giants breaking down the Cowboys was pretty something.

Flash, dont forget my Texans! w00t! Clinched the division playoff bound. Been an ugly season but we looking good again with our new young QB

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and ash333
Flash, dont forget my Texans! w00t! Clinched the division playoff bound. Been an ugly season but we looking good again with our new young QB

Texans are my favorite team but I don't have much faith in them this postseason, I just hope they don't embarrass themselves like they did last year. My analysis:

1. Even with all the injuries, the defense is still great
2. Special teams is still pathetic, even without Marciano
3. Osweiler obviously wasn't the answer short term and probably long term
4. I'm giving Savage a chance but don't expect much
5. Hopkins is overrated, yeah he is amazing at making catches and had a huge catch radius but he cannot get any separation without pushing off. This past week hilighted it so I went back and watch some hilights on him, it's bad.
6. Call me crazy but I did like what I saw from Weeden last year especially his accuracy. Obviously he isn't a long term answer but maybe a stopgap like Fitzpatrick.
7. I like what I've seen from Braxton Miller and Will Fuller (though tiny hands needs to stop catching with his body)
8. Lamar Miller was the best FA pickup and Osweiler/Allen were the worst
9. Still underwhelmed by Alfred Blue and confused why Grimes/Hunt don't get more playing time because they always perform when they do.
10. The hauled in several wins vs bad teams, I hope for the best but I suspect they will be the victims of a 27-13 first round exit, sorry @Wreck

Texans are my favorite team but I don't have much faith in them this postseason, I just hope they don't embarrass themselves like they did last year. My analysis:

1. Even with all the injuries, the defense is still great
2. Special teams is still pathetic, even without Marciano
3. Osweiler obviously wasn't the answer short term and probably long term
4. I'm giving Savage a chance but don't expect much
5. Hopkins is overrated, yeah he is amazing at making catches and had a huge catch radius but he cannot get any separation without pushing off. This past week hilighted it so I went back and watch some hilights on him, it's bad.
6. Call me crazy but I did like what I saw from Weeden last year especially his accuracy. Obviously he isn't a long term answer but maybe a stopgap like Fitzpatrick.
7. I like what I've seen from Braxton Miller and Will Fuller (though tiny hands needs to stop catching with his body)
8. Lamar Miller was the best FA pickup and Osweiler/Allen were the worst
9. Still underwhelmed by Alfred Blue and confused why Grimes/Hunt don't get more playing time because they always perform when they do.
10. The hauled in several wins vs bad teams, I hope for the best but I suspect they will be the victims of a 27-13 first round exit, sorry @Wreck

Thats a very good and fair assessment tho. I agree with much if not all. idk what to think about hops tho. its exactly how you've put it, but cycle back 1 or 2 years ago and he could get and find his way open when he was clearly the best on the team (WRs) and other teams still couldnt stop it. Makes you think he's lost some speed.

This Titan game should give enough picture for Savage to see if he will be our answer. Probably not no long time answer, but if he can game manage and not throw picks in the playoffs we may stand a chance.

But I do think it may be hard to beat KC and would rather face oakland or miami should it happent o swing that way

Texans have missed J.J but they've done well, some surprising teams making and others not making the playoffs, going to be very interesting. Shame about Derek Carr he was doing well for Raiders out rest of the season

lot of wins for our teams .......... Now, can the Texans do the impossible and what has always been the dark cloud hovering over them and actually win in foxboro? Probably not , but with the #1 ranked Defense I can dream that Brock doesnt screw it up............ superbowl IS in Houston , Texas. ya know.

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333
Alright, it's game time. Hopefully the Texans can keep it competitive and maybe pull something off.

The Packers game was something else, surprised Steelers only scraped it against Kansas. It will be interesting to see who makes it to the super bowl.

Clowney :)

Going for Falcons in Superbowl cause of underdogs ... but won't be pissed if Brady and Co' take another.