Blu-ray-Bro

Premium Supporter
Aug 10, 2018
Release date: November 22, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €35.17 €34.66

713wfZkFzIL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt capelight release that awesome bossed+full gloss running man? so the chances arent bad that this turns out good as well, right??

price upped to 41€ tho... print run will be high probably, so ill wait for a price drop

Reactions: djjez83
Yup, looks the biz and that hammer sure comes in useful here ...

... apart from reminding me that those pictures sure aren't going to hang themselves ...

Not forgetting the Indian "remake" from 2006:-

1564699257307.png
1564699411882.png

Last edited:
Fkn love that artwork, totally in for this. One of my favourite steelbooks in my collection is actually a Capelight ‘The Signal’ glossed ‘n’ embossed beauty so got high hopes for this.

C92C88D4-51DA-4124-AACE-F26FDE25F30E.jpeg

Reactions: Punker76
I wonder if all 4K transfers of the same movie are the same. For a long time I thought all blu-rays of the same movie are the same, until I realised that blu-ray with 35+ mbps bitrates has far better picture quality than one less than 25 mbps.
Yeah, usually AVC encoded movies are better than VC1 and MPEG-2 as well. All depends on the processing and post processing. An example is the remasters of The Thing (even though they're both AVC and Shout's was from 2K and Arrow from 4K). The difference between Shout Factory and Arrow's releases are quite big, considering Shout did theirs in 2016 and Arrow shortly after in 2017. Shout's is sharper and some of the colours are blown a bit, particularly the reds and the blacks are crushed in darker scenes. Arrows is softer, but the colours are better. The weird thing about these is that they were both supervised by the director of photography, Dean Cundey. You'd think he'd be a stickler for keeping the colours the same and the sharpness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Steel
didnt capelight release that awesome bossed+full gloss running man? so the chances arent bad that this turns out good as well, right??

price upped to 41€ tho... print run will be high probably, so ill wait for a price drop
down to 34,66€ again.. feels like it should be 29,99€ at most.. saturn & mediamarkt should probably get some copies as well