Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 27th, 2014
Purchase link: Once Upon a Time in America
Price: £24.99

81HypmyP7JL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought this was an Amazon exclusive but was just browsing Xtra-vision for HMV Exclusive steelbooks and saw this for GBP 12.99 ...

Thought this was an Amazon exclusive but was just browsing Xtra-vision for HMV Exclusive steelbooks and saw this for GBP 12.99 ...
Xtravision are an Irish company
They get offered overstocks from suppliers and also buy of customers stock for cash or exchange in their stores
It was a UK exclusive to AmazonUK but as Xtra-vision are based in Ireland it's not counted as UK release in Ireland

Xtravision-vision sell new and second hand Blu-Rays and from time to time will have previously sold out releases that are offered to them from the supplier or overstock company
Note some listings appear on the website but they don't always have stock and leave the listings until removed but they can remain listed for a long time
AmazonUK often sell on overstocks to a overstock company

They are owned by the same company that took over HMV and is the reason why you see HMV/Xtravision stores in Ireland
The company that run HMV in the UK is the same company

Last edited:
Amazon should stop calling this an exclusive. I returned my copy on these grounds and picked it up cheaper on Xtra-vision. Now Zavvi have got hold of it makes you wonder why there was ever an exclusivity window for this.

Amazon should stop calling this an exclusive. I returned my copy on these grounds and picked it up cheaper on Xtra-vision. Now Zavvi have got hold of it makes you wonder why there was ever an exclusivity window for this.
That exclusive deal with Amazon was for only 6 months
That's why its been available from HMV/Xtra-Vision for past few months it was also available from Zavvi since April but was priced at €34 and was in and out of stock

I feel sorry for anyone who paid €34.00
1 month ago with Zavvi

Its a steal of a price now I expect the stock will be gone very quickly

Tempting price, but I'm hoping it'll drop even lower now it's no longer an exclusive.

Dead pleased with this and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Shame they didn't get the trifecta with West World too!

how did this sell out so fast on zavvi?
I'm guessing it's because this was originally exclusive to Amazon UK and Zavvi simply bought up some remaining units from the studio once the exclusive contract was finished with Amazon. But don't worry, I'm sure this will pop back up at Zavvi soon.

Reactions: joearoundtheworld
OMG! i just finished watching the film for first time ever, what an spectacular film, masterpiece.....loved it! the cinematography its amazing. glad i got the steelbook, a great steel

Reactions: spass