Once Upon a Time In Hollywood (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: December 10, 2019 - September 27, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Best Buy - Amazon (Re-release)
Price: $34.99 - $38.99 (Re-release)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1572378530778.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChoppedUp
The single disc tray on the mock-up has me curious if this is only 4K or Blu-ray.

Prefer the HMV but hoping for a decent premium

Sony Pictures, the studio behind Tarantino’s latest feature, announced the movie will be re-released with 10 minutes of additional footage, including four new scenes. The lengthier version of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” which already clocked in at two hours and 41 minutes, will hit 1,000 North American locations starting on Oct. 25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Basil and Sigill
i really hate this trend.... the re-cut (or whatever cut) to show later after most of people already saw the film months ago...
It only bugs me if they don’t include it on the 4k Disk (as happened with most releases of A Star is Born. My guess is that this will be on the disk. Given that it’s not likely to be on the biggest screens, it holds no interest for me. Probably a good weekend to do it, though. IT’s pretty light on releases. My local AMC is showing Springsteens’ movie and The Wizard of Oz on the Dolby Cinema screen. I don’t anticipate very full theaters, but I’ll use 2 of my 3 movies for the week to catch them both...never seen WoO in a theater and hopefully Springsteens thing is decent.

It only bugs me if they don’t include it on the 4k Disk (as happened with most releases of A Star is Born. My guess is that this will be on the disk. Given that it’s not likely to be on the biggest screens, it holds no interest for me. Probably a good weekend to do it, though. IT’s pretty light on releases. My local AMC is showing Springsteens’ movie and The Wizard of Oz on the Dolby Cinema screen. I don’t anticipate very full theaters, but I’ll use 2 of my 3 movies for the week to catch them both...never seen WoO in a theater and hopefully Springsteens thing is decent.
It will not be on the discs. I dropped that gem like 45 days ago. :) However, it will find its way to another medium later. So was said. Which I think is simply code for Netflix just like how Hateful Eight had it. Tho maybe Sony will make the streaming giants bid for it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dfoles
It will not be on the discs. I dropped that gem like 45 days ago. :) However, it will find its way to another medium later. So was said. Which I think is simply code for Netflix just like how Hateful Eight had it. Tho many Sony will make the streaming giants bid for it.
And then a year layer the inevitable Director's Cut SteelBook with the artwork everyone actually wanted gets a release.

• Haha
Reactions: Masta Norris
And then a year layer the inevitable Director's Cut SteelBook with the artwork everyone actually wanted gets a release.
Maybe the latter, but not Directors Cut ... unless just meaning we finally get those extra 10 mins in disc form. But if that was the case we are still waiting on that for h8 and django. Or the whole bloody affair, which has a licensing issue so dont think its gonna happen or it would have. *Shrug*

And reason I say that, is because with this new release Tarantino negotiated FINAL CUT rights to his film. So their shouldnt be anymore footage popping up at a later point for it to be deemed Directors Cut as he already has final cut. Which is what is currently causing a stir in China as the censors said he needed to cut some stuff to be able to show it there and he said NOPE ... I have final cut rights and that is how I want my film to be seen , or not at all.