Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - In theaters July 26, 2019

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Cast: Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and more!

Release: 2019-07-26

Plot: A story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton, former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth. Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate.

[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
b1FqKY6fywc0Ql0iip7TY9S0l3T.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Quentin Tarantino is quietly starting to put together his latest project, and is talking to A-list actors for what is promising to be a unique take on the Manson Family.

Sources say that Tarantino is putting the finishing touches on the script and that Brad Pitt, who worked with the filmmaker on Basterds, and Jennifer Lawrence have been approached. Studios could receive the package after Labor Day, according to one source. The plan is to shoot in 2018, possibly in the summer.

Full report here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ing-new-movie-tackling-manson-murders-1020165

Reactions: jasong
Read about it this morning. Up for it 100% and please bring on Pitt again

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I'm always down for anything Tarantino... but this is not what I was expecting for his next film :confused:

I'm still hopeful for Kill Bill 3 :drool:
Me neither to be honest... but I'm sure it'll have his own style/twist on it and be a lot different to what we're expecting. I've always wanted Tarantino to do a horror movie, maybe this is the closest we'll get.

And yeah... Kill Bill 3 would be awesome! :D

I'm always down for anything Tarantino... but this is not what I was expecting for his next film :confused:

I'm still hopeful for Kill Bill 3 :drool:

I agree, it feels more like a fincher film idea but I know Tarantino will smash it. He never fails me

Also hoping on kill bill 3 too. A dream come true that would be

Me neither to be honest... but I'm sure it'll have his own style/twist on it and be a lot different to what we're expecting. I've always wanted Tarantino to do a horror movie, maybe this is the closest we'll get.

And yeah... Kill Bill 3 would be awesome! :D
It's not what I was expecting, the last I heard he was making a 1920's gangster film. If this is true it could be interesting. I think Tarantino already believes he has made a horror film, he classes Death Proof as a horror.
I'm not sure if Kill Bill 3 will ever happen, enough time has passed now that he could make it and the girl would be grown up. I hope he does but either way I'm looking forward to his next film.
He has never made a bad film yet! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I agree, it feels more like a fincher film idea but I know Tarantino will smash it. He never fails me

Also hoping on kill bill 3 too. A dream come true that would be
I actually almost said it seems more like something Fincher would do... lol great minds!
It's not what I was expecting, the last I heard he was making a 1920's gangster film. If this is true it could be interesting. I think Tarantino already believes he has made a horror film, he classes Death Proof as a horror.
I'm not sure if Kill Bill 3 will ever happen, enough time has passed now that he could make it and the girl would be grown up. I hope he does but either way I'm looking forward to his next film.
He has never made a bad film yet! :)
Oh man, now I really want him to do a gangster film! I never looked at Death Proof as being a horror, but I can definitely see some horror aspects now that you've mentioned it... most of his films are like horrors as far as gore goes though lol.

I very much doubt Kill Bill 3 will ever happen either, especially if he's sticking to his limit of 10 films before retirement. I'm sure we can all agree with you there mate... all of his films have been great so far!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Flloydo
I actually almost said it seems more like something Fincher would do... lol great minds!

Oh man, now I really want him to do a gangster film! I never looked at Death Proof as being a horror, but I can definitely see some horror aspects now that you've mentioned it... most of his films are like horrors as far as gore goes though lol.

I very much doubt Kill Bill 3 will ever happen either, especially if he's sticking to his limit of 10 films before retirement. I'm sure we can all agree with you there mate... all of his films have been great so far!
Yeah he said it was going to be a Bonnie and Clyde style Gangster movie. He has so many ideas that never happen though! Lol. I wish he would make more films but I'm guessing he will finish after his next one. I still remember he said he wanted to do a James Bond movie, I would have been interested to see what he did with that.
You are right mate, they are all pretty much horrors! Lol. I'm pretty sure he said Death Proof was a slasher film and the car was the killer. I get what he meant but I remember the film more for the great car chase than anything.

• Thanks
Yeah he said it was going to be a Bonnie and Clyde style Gangster movie. He has so many ideas that never happen though! Lol. I wish he would make more films but I'm guessing he will finish after his next one. I still remember he said he wanted to do a James Bond movie, I would have been interested to see what he did with that.
You are right mate, they are all pretty much horrors! Lol. I'm pretty sure he said Death Proof was a slasher film and the car was the killer. I get what he meant but I remember the film more for the great car chase than anything.
Honestly, I reckon he will do more films than just the 10... he may take a break or semi-retire, but I can see him returning to directing sooner or later, because like you said... he has so many great ideas!

Ah, yeah... I remember the whole Bond thing. Personally I'd love to see a Tarantino Bond movie, but no doubt it'd be very different and die-hard Bond fans may not like it, so it'd be a risky move.

For the longest time I considered Death Proof to be my least favourite film of his and didn't watch it again for the longest time, until one day I decided to give it another go and ended up loving it! The car chase is definitely one of the most memorable scenes... and Mary Elizabeth Winstead in that cheerleader outfit. :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Sigill
Honestly, I reckon he will do more films than just the 10... he may take a break or semi-retire, but I can see him returning to directing sooner or later, because like you said... he has so many great ideas!

Ah, yeah... I remember the whole Bond thing. Personally I'd love to see a Tarantino Bond movie, but no doubt it'd be very different and die-hard Bond fans may not like it, so it'd be a risky move.

For the longest time I considered Death Proof to be my least favourite film of his and didn't watch it again for the longest time, until one day I decided to give it another go and ended up loving it! The car chase is definitely one of the most memorable scenes... and Mary Elizabeth Winstead in that cheerleader outfit. :drool:
I hope so mate! 2 more films isn't many, hopefully he decides to do one or two more.
I liked Death Proof on my first watch, the Car chase was unreal. I think I liked the standalone version more than the Grindhouse one. Planet Terror was fun but I do think Tarantinos film was superior. I went back and watched Vanishing Point to see the Dodge Challenger he used!
Mary Elizabeth Winstead did look good mate!:D Zoe Bell kicked ass in it aswell. I wasn't sure how well she could act but she was pretty good!

• Thanks
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database