Once Upon a Time in the West (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 7, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live Thursday April 19th at Midday - 12pm BST)
Price: £15.99

11718448-7724565401405731.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: milky and Mobley
Then you don't know the film. And I think you just might be poking sticks for a reaction at that... well you got one, congrats.

I just simply like the artwork. Boo hoo. And because I think the artwork looks like a poster for a spaghetti western doesn't tell anything about my knowledge of the movie itself which I have seen before.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Grendel
No harm in a few more pics of this modern take on a theme steelbook for the most overrated Western in the history of Westerns (courtesy nuikichiSB) . . . although the almost neverending opening - on which the steelbook front artwork is loosely based (artistic licence) - is worth the price of admission alone:-

Di9ntL3VsAAhNRi.jpg:large

Di9ntLQUwAEX2RN.jpg:large

Thinking I prefer the copper edition to the steel edition but will be careful not to leave outside in case it turns green.
1532553761057.png

Last edited:
Gonna pick this one up when it hits 10 euro tag. Kind of like this look of classic spaghetti western poster art, and now the inside pic is nice too.

I agree, but it doesn’t matter much to me because I like this surprisingly much. The older one is probably a lot more expensive than £13 shipped, which is what this will cost me.

Could be argued that the almost equally minimalist US one sheet poster from 1980 should've been used for the steelbook front ...at least more accurate to the film ... but maybe not suitable w/ the focus less on Bronson and more on the henchmen.
For the film's 50th birthday this year a similar image to the poster is being used for the front cover ... w/ foreward by Mr. Tarantino, who said about the film:-
"You could say that Once Upon a Time in the West was the movie that made me consider film-making... but more, how to make an impact as a film-maker...” Quentin Tarantino
3-once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-re-release-us-1-sheet-1980-01.jpg
+ upcoming book
upload_2018-5-12_2-31-2.png