Pacific Rim (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #8) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: February 15, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - The Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £29.99

IMG_9378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So built up print is how they’ve done it? I keep my steelbooks in protective cases but that raised area might chip or scrape of easy if not stored carefully. It’s like they set the printer to keep going over the same area to build it up. Certainly different.

Just received mine from Amazon. Delivered in a cardboard envelope and shoved through my letterbox but miraculously intact.

Pretty nice in hand and the steelbook is actually fairly unique with the treatment, but they’ve gone back to printing the specs on the back of the PET slip which is a shame.

Reactions: samdavies
Got mine today. Quite a nice and unique finish on the steel, but overall it's nothing special. Similar texturized feel as the Mondo Pan's Labyrinth in most places.
The design isn't quite centered though, which irks me. Return of a printed back on the slip as well, which also irks me. Underwhelming release overall imo.
Mine arrived with a bit of damage to the outer slip, so I'll take that as a sign it's meant to be returned to amazon and not thought of again :whistle::naughty::rofl:

So are there debossed areas that allow for those embossed lines? Or is this the first Steelbook to have embossing without any kind of a border to allow it?

So are there debossed areas that allow for those embossed lines? Or is this the first Steelbook to have embossing without any kind of a border to allow it?
It's not actually embossing to the metal. It's more of a build up of extra paint on the lines to give a slightly raised and textured feel.

Silkscreen .............................................................................................................................................................................................vs. ..................................................................................................................................................................silkscreen + embossing

1613498501545.png
1613499090519.png

Reactions: jasong and djjez83
Yea I was on about this myself on the Batman thread. HMV love a good sticker. Their preorders always come with a big white customer label on. 50/50 wether you can remove it without tearing the packaging. I’m not a fan of those circular selotape j card holders either. The finish on my invisible man was affected by remove these; and yes I was careful. Just not needed.