Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

I'm a bit nervous about this film if I'm honest.

Same. I'm worried it's going to lose all of the original's appeal. Also, I still don't understand how Boyega is playing Stacker's son when there was zero mention of him in the first film. Plus wouldn't Boyega's character know Mako Mori quite well? You'd think she'd play some kind of role in the sequel, no?

I've come to terms that we're not going to see most of the original cast in this sequel, but I hope we see at least three returning characters...

latest

latest

Surely it must make sense to at least have those three back. Two of them are responsible for the defeat of the Kaiju the first time around and one is the man that Stacker left in charge. They have to at least make an appearance.

And while I know Gipsy's gone, seeing Pacific Rim without her is going to be weird. Hopefully they can create a lead Jaeger that has a look/name that's just as iconic.

AND WILL WE KNOW IF HANNIBAL FOUND HIS SHOE?!?!?!

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Same. I'm worried it's going to lose all of the original's appeal. Also, I still don't understand how Boyega is playing Stacker's son when there was zero mention of him in the first film. Plus wouldn't Boyega's character know Mako Mori quite well? You'd think she'd play some kind of role in the sequel, no?

I've come to terms that we're not going to see most of the original cast in this sequel, but I hope we see at least three returning characters...

latest

latest

Surely it must make sense to at least have those three back. Two of them are responsible for the defeat of the Kaiju the first time around and one is the man that Stacker left in charge. They have to at least make an appearance.

And while I know Gipsy's gone, seeing Pacific Rim without her is going to be weird. Hopefully they can create a lead Jaeger that has a look/name that's just as iconic.

AND WILL WE KNOW IF HANNIBAL FOUND HIS SHOE?!?!?!
@tridon I thought about this the other day while I was watching part 1. It's going to suck not having most of the original characters on screen :squint:, but I do hope Max is back :cool: It'd be great if he was in charge of the NEW Drift and Jaegar program/organization. Maybe his character raised Idris Elbas kid after his death? :confused: Possibly Idris didn't know he had a son and the mom came forward to reveal his fathers identity to Boyegas character after he was considered a hero for saving humanity? :confused: Mako and Raleigh probably died (à la Will Smiths character in ID: Resurgence) and Gipsy Danger was destroyed :(

My apologies if I'm rambling on, today my brain is just farting in the wind... :D I'm just looking forward to another PR film :hungry: Very intrigued to what the continuation will be! :thumbs:

Still wondering if the 'Maelstrom' title will remain the same?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon I thought about this the other day while I was watching part 1. It's going to suck not having most of the original characters on screen :squint:, but I do hope Max is back :cool: It'd be great if he was in charge of the NEW Drift and Jaegar program/organization. Maybe his character raised Idris Elbas kid after his death? :confused: Possibly Idris didn't know he had a son and the mom came forward to reveal his fathers identity to Boyegas character after he was considered a hero for saving humanity? :confused: Mako and Raleigh probably died (à la Will Smiths character in ID: Resurgence) and Gipsy Danger was destroyed :(

My apologies if I'm rambling on, today my brain is just farting in the wind... :D I'm just looking forward to another PR film :hungry: Very intrigued to what the continuation will be! :thumbs:

Still wondering if the 'Maelstrom' title will remain the same?

Hmm, good point... maybe Max's character raises Boyega's... especially after losing his own son in PR1. So many possibilities. I just want some of the original cast to return... otherwise it won't even feel like Pacific Rim to me.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
]

Yeh I liked the whole Stacker and mako relationship TBH it felt right IMO, and to find that he has a son now makes it a bit more odd I guess. You would of thought that being on the verge of the end of humanity would have led him to saying something about his kid ........

It feels lazy IMO very very lazy.

(Although the point about his mum not telling anyone could be true still feels a bit forced).

I'm worried that Del Toro script isn't being used,and therefore he prob has zero involvement despite being on the producer list. I get the feeling this is more a Boyega and his agent's producing new company and DeKnight running the show which is very green movie combo.

I'm hope I'm wrong but was just excited to see how Del Toro universe was going to expand.

(I can see no original characters coming back TBH).

I feel the same about Thor 3 and the general audience
General audience will be fine. Some movies have TWO titles!
DR. STRANGELOVE or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb
FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS or Pardon Me, But Your Teeth are in My Neck
BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance

The title has officially been changed from Maelstrom to Pacific Rim: Uprising. Full Legendary press release:

Legendary today announced the hiring of three veteran production executives to its feature film operations including Herbert W. Gains, who has been named EVP of Physical Production, Valerie Flueger Veras who has been named SVP of Post- Production and Sara Flamm who will take on the SVP Physical Production role. The new additions were announced by Mary Parent, Legendary’s Vice Chairman of Worldwide Production.

“Herb comes to us with a tremendous body of experience working alongside some of the most prolific filmmakers in our industry,” said Parent. “His strong business acumen and commitment to supporting the vision of storytellers with preeminent production resources makes him an excellent complement to our team here at Legendary.” Gains will report directly to Parent, effective immediately.

Best known for his work as Executive Producer on such films as Warner Bros’ The Judge and Watchmen, as well as the recently released Jack Reacher: Never Go Back from Paramount, Gains’ responsibilities will include overseeing production of Legendary’s feature film slate including such highly anticipated projects as Pacific Rim: Uprising, Pokemon’s Detective Pikachu and Godzilla: King of Monsters. Gains will also work closely with the post-production team insuring that the filmmaker’s vision remains intact through production to final distribution.

“I’m extremely gratified to be entrusted with this unique opportunity,” said Gains. “Legendary’s evolution over the past decade has been nothing short of remarkable. I am proud to take a key role in the company’s continued growth in feature film production and excited by the potential of its established franchises and the diverse slate of films currently in development.”

Reporting to Gains at Legendary, is Valerie Flueger Veras, who will assume the role of SVP of Post-Production. “I have had the good fortune of working closely with Valerie on multiple films over the last few years,” said Parent. “She brings experience from all aspects of filmmaking to the post-production process and really understands how to support filmmakers whether they are making an intimate character drama or a big VFX driven tentpole.”

Flueger Veras is a seasoned executive who has lead the post-production efforts on some of the most critically-acclaimed films of the last decade including Oscar-nominated feature films, The Revenant, Selma and Nebraska. As SVP of Post-Production, Flueger Veras will immediately begin overseeing post on the upcoming Spring action film, Kong: Skull Island.

“I’m thrilled to be joining Legendary,” said Flueger Veras. “In addition to having an opportunity to re-team with Mary Parent who I have long respected, I am extremely excited to be working alongside such an imaginative and highly respected team of professionals and can’t wait to dive in on this truly iconic slate of films.”

Rounding out Legendary’s production team is Sara Flamm, who will step into the SVP of Physical Production role and will also report to Gains. “Sara brings with her a wealth of experience working on the types of genre films that Legendary is best known for,” said Parent. “We’re excited to be adding her expertise to this skilled new team.”

Most recently Flamm worked alongside Gains as Unit Production Manager on on Jack Reacher: Never Go Back and the upcoming film Geostorm. She has also worked as Production Supervisor on numerous hit films including The Judge as well as comic adaptations, Green Lantern and Legendary’s own Watchmen. In Flamm’s new role she has already begun work on the production of Pacific Rim: Uprising, currently shooting in Australia.

“Having worked with Legendary in the past, I’ve long admired their focus on delivering a truly elevated cinematic experience to their audiences,” said Flamm. They’ve had an incredible history of blockbuster films, and I’m looking forward to being a part of this team’s continued success.”

The title has officially been changed from Maelstrom to Pacific Rim: Uprising. Full Legendary press release:
@tridon Not crazy about the title change, truly preferred Maelstrom but I'm glad we got a press release for this and not another CANCELLATION! :wacky: :banghead: I dont think I could've taken the news! :OMG: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon Not crazy about the title change, truly preferred Maelstrom but I'm glad we got a press release for this and not another CANCELLATION! :wacky: :banghead: I dont think I could've taken the news! :OMG: :p

I think Uprising is a better title for the general audience. I feel like most of the "normal filmgoers" would be pronouncing it as MALESTORM ... and that just doesn't sound good to me. :p

I think Uprising is a better title for the general audience. I feel like most of the "normal filmgoers" would be pronouncing it as MALESTORM ... and that just doesn't sound good to me. :p

"I want to take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gay bar"........ It's called MALESTORM

lol

Set Photo Confirms John Boyega is a Jaeger Pilot
Source: ScreenRant.com

@tridon @Apollon @Scary Hair @PunkNinja @pdbluray Check it out Drifters! :thumbs:

‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Brings Back Rinko Kikuchi & More! Is Karl Urban in the Cast?

Source: Slashfilm.com
It looks like Rinko Kikuchi will be back as Mako Mori, along with Charlie Day and Burn Gorman as previously rumored. Not only that, it seems Karl Urban may be part of the cast as well.

The latest Pacific Rim: Uprising casting updates come via this set photo shared by cinematographer Dan Mindel via Instagram (hat tip to /Film reader Edwin H.).

As you can see, there’s a piece of paper taped to the side of the camera that lists some of the character names and their corresponding cast members. No surprise Scott Eastwood and Cailee Spaeny are on that list, since we already knew they were part of the cast. But it also confirms Day, Gorman, and Kikuchi are all reprising their roles from the first film as Newt, Gottlieb, and Mako Mori, respectively.

As for Urban, we’d caution you to take his casting with a grain of salt since the print is a little difficult to make out. But it sure looks like his name on that pink line. After cross-referencing the list of known stars for Pacific Rim: Uprising, I’m not really sure which other name that could be. Besides, starring in Pacific Rim: Uprising seems like a very Karl Urban thing to do. The man will not rest until he’s had a part in every geek property in existence.

Close-up of the image :photo:
pr2 image.jpg

Look at the names. Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, Burn Gorman. And Karl Urban? :hungry: