Paddington 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

glennturner21

Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2013
Shepperton
Release date: March 12, 2018
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £19.99 (Amazon - Hmv) - £22.99 (Zavvi)

11653870-8954545217371738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: snow flake
If you put it in the cart it even goes down to £18.33
Where are you ordering from? That's the price before the UK rate of VAT (20%) is applied (£18.33 + 20% VAT = £21.996, so £22).

It's actually in my pre-orders at £19.99, so it must have been reduced to that price (including VAT) at some point since ordering it (so is showing the lowest price it reached during that period under their Pre-order Price Guarantee). Nice.

BTW, HMV has it listed at £19.99 now as well. That might be the reason why Amazon's dropped to £19.99 for a while (although it's unusual for them to put it back up again - they normally match HMV's price at time of release).

Last edited:
Where are you ordering from? That's the price before the UK rate of VAT (20%) is applied (£18.33 + 20% VAT = £21.996, so £22).

It's actually in my pre-orders at £19.99, so it must have been reduced to that price (including VAT) at some point since ordering it (so is showing the lowest price it reached during that period under their Pre-order Price Guarantee). Nice.

BTW, HMV has it listed at £19.99 now as well. That might be the reason why Amazon's dropped to £19.99 for a while (although it's unusual for them to put it back up again - they normally match HMV's price at time of release).
Outside of the UK, so I guess VAT isn't included

Outside of the UK, so I guess VAT isn't included
Yep - that explains it!

From their help pages:

The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and/or price displayed for goods sold by Amazon are inclusive of UK VAT. However, your final price may differ depending on the actual VAT rate that applies to your order. For orders to other EU countries, the UK VAT amount will be deducted from the price and the applicable VAT rate for the destination country will be added. Your final price during checkout will reflect the correct VAT rate for the destination country of your order.

For customers with an EU delivery address, VAT is charged in accordance with local legislation. VAT charges for your order will be itemised on the last page of your order, in the e-mail confirmation of your order and on the invoice available in Your Account.

For dispatch to countries outside the EU, VAT won't be charged. These packages may be assessed for import or customs fees, depending on the laws of the country concerned.​

• Thanks
Reactions: steelbookz4eva

Amazon price is still £19.99

HMV sold out now so I expect amazon to increase the price soon

I should have delivery tomorrow morning or Wednesday

Amazon price is still £19.99

HMV sold out now so I expect amazon to increase the price soon

I should have delivery tomorrow morning or Wednesday
When I responded to the previous poster, the price had gone back up to £22 but was showing in my pre-order at £19.99. They must have dropped it back down again just prior to release.

Anyway, mine arrived yesterday, and it's a very nice steel.

Is there no premium on the horizon for this or the first one? Might have to grab the steels if not, but with these being amongst my favorite movies i'd looove a premium

Is there no premium on the horizon for this or the first one? Might have to grab the steels if not, but with these being amongst my favorite movies i'd looove a premium
Nothing I've heard about. The first steelbook is basically perfect just on its own. The second one looks pretty good, too--just waiting for the price to drop. It's taking longer than I expected, but it'll certainly happen eventually. :)

Thanks @ethnosax

Not sure what to do. Should I bite or wait for $9.99?!

Also, zavvi says free shipping on steelbooks but I still get charged a €1 every time (which kind of cancels out the discount)

Why do they do that?

Thanks @ethnosax

Not sure what to do. Should I bite or wait for $9.99?!

Also, zavvi says free shipping on steelbooks but I still get charged a €1 every time (which kind of cancels out the discount)

Why do they do that?

Maybe you have to be in a country that's part of the commonwealth to get free shipping. Like Canada. :)