Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 389
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator:
If someone at the post office puts a clumsy foot through it, it doesn't really make much different what packaging is used, it is going to be wrecked.

If someone at the post office puts a clumsy foot through it, it doesn't really make much different what packaging is used, it is going to be wrecked.

True of course. It was just apparent, that I have been getting practically daily deliveries of cheap cheap steelbooks (Withnail, Starship Troopers, Sixth Sense, Argo, Town,...) - all in the white boxes and all in perfect condition. Then I finally order an expensive one and it comes in a jiffy. I have a pretty bad track record with receiving steelbooks in jiffybags. There is like a 75% chance it will be somehow damaged...

I managed to bag one of these bad boys when they went back up for sale recently. Ordered on the 30th, despatched 31st. Hasn't arrived yet but that's nothing new.

So far, with my steelbooks, I've ordered around 30 and all have arrived mint....

Ohh s**t..........:ohno:

So...I figured, worse case scenario, that my copy of Pain and Gain may arrive damaged.
WRONG!!!
It didn't arrive at all.!!! Lost in the void that is The Royal Mail postage service.:angry:

Zavvi has said the item is out of stock and they can't send a replacement.:(

Oh well, Win some...lose some.

At the end of the day.....there's always :boobies:

I have literally received 25 steelbooks from zavvi over the last 6 weeks. All in white boxes, all minty mint. Just yesterday the 6€ Withnail and I arrived in a box. Well, today I went to the customs office to finally pick up "Pain & Gain" and it was wrapped in 2 jiffy-bags and the steelbook is completely bent and destroyed. Nice one zavvi! Keep sending the cheap ones in stable boxes and the 30€ ones in jiffy bags....

Sounds just like the one I sent back. Is it at the top ? And crushed right in.

Totally new to Steelbook collecting following years of DVDs & Blu-rays. Just picked this up off eBay and excited to get my hands on it!

Now begins the addiction....

Your money will disappear so fast you won't even realise!

You're not wrong. Just sorry i started late....

Rush was my first preorder but for some reason it got cancelled at the last min. Didn't make a fuss just thought I'd pick it up after. How wrong was I!

Ended up buying this one instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nisefukinlife