Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 445
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 389
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator:
Are people suggesting that maybe the copies that went back up for sale we're mostly damaged copies anyway and that Zavvi are covering it up by shipping them in Jiffys??

Not me. I can see the impression on the jiffy bag in the spot of the dings on each steelbook.

My copy of this and the Lone Ranger came today both in double jiffy and in mint condition so im happy. I have already put Pain & Gain in to watch, I love The Rock's performance in it.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Fortunately, my Pain & Gain is fine. My 13 Assassins is both dented and scratched though. *sigh*

my pain and gain turned up today in a jiffy bag and first thought was oooo god, then opened to find it double bagged and then finally open and it was fine!!phew first one from zavvi not dented so mayb ill be a bit more forgiving when thinking bout ordering a steel from them now

Jiffy = Cost cutting. No surprises here. The true cost of offering low cost shipping will soon bite Zavvi.

I would prefer to think they just ran out of boxes which would be typical of Zavvi as it has happened before. Either way they'll still get bit because people have just had enough of them including me.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

How do u upload pics I want to show my dent it's huge.

My Pain & Gain order hasn't arrived yet, but out of the last 14 steels from Zavvi, 3 were damaged during shipping. All arrived in regular Zavvi boxes and the corresponding damage was visible in the boxes, too. They don't offer too much protection...

I can understand that Zavvi need try to balance shipping material cost vs. packaging quality, but the damage really hits the customer with OOS steels like this one :angry: I'd much rather pay extra for good quality shipping box than deal with the intermittent - but too frequent - hassle and frustration with damaged steelbooks.

Now resuming the wait for the jiffy bagged Pain & Gain EEK!

Reactions: lgans316
My Pain & Gain order hasn't arrived yet, but out of the last 14 steels from Zavvi, 3 were damaged during shipping. All arrived in regular Zavvi boxes and the corresponding damage was visible in the boxes, too. They don't offer too much protection...

I can understand that Zavvi need try to balance shipping material cost vs. packaging quality, but the damage really hits the customer with OOS steels like this one :angry: I'd much rather pay extra for good quality shipping box than deal with the intermittent - but too frequent - hassle and frustration with damaged steelbooks.

Now resuming the wait for the jiffy bagged Pain & Gain EEK!

The problem is that many don't want to pay for proper packaging. International shipping is 99p yet that isn't good enough for some collectors. They want VAT taken off if they live outside of the EU :rolleyes:

Guys, please keep the thread on track. If you want to talk about Zavvi's pricing strategy regarding shipping or their shipping/packing standards, take it up in the retailer thread.

Reactions: Ranavalone
I managed to bag one of these bad boys when they went back up for sale recently. Ordered on the 30th, despatched 31st. Hasn't arrived yet but that's nothing new.

So far, with my steelbooks, I've ordered around 30 and all have arrived mint....

Ohh s**t..........:ohno:

I managed to bag one of these bad boys when they went back up for sale recently. Ordered on the 30th, despatched 31st. Hasn't arrived yet but that's nothing new.

So far, with my steelbooks, I've ordered around 30 and all have arrived mint....

Ohh s**t..........:ohno:

That is so asking for trouble but I know what you mean, only damaged ones I have received were from Amaon in their good packaging too. You can't count on the humans putting it in the box not kicking it around the room first though lol

I bagged my copy early, I enjoyed the movie which makes it even better being so limited.