Pain & Gain (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Pain & Gain Sold-out
Price: £23.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 units in UK (This means 3k+ will be released in other countries)
The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

10858488-1380897011-536845.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536857.jpg

10858488-1380897011-536835.jpg

The disc will be the same as the new US Special Edition

Here's something that's made me very happy. From the PR company -

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well, please find attached the press release for Pain & Gain. I am pleased to confirm that the UK release will feature the same extras as the US special edition release.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Latest update from Zavvi
Still waiting on finalised artwork.

The finishes are overall matte varnish, except for a spot UV gloss on Mark and Dwayne on the front cover.

There’s a pantone red on their names on the front cover, and emboss on the title treatment.

Confirmed as 1000 units only and from the traffic and questions we are getting, think this will only last a couple of days at the most before selling out.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 451
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
I got a dispatch notification the same day the steel went live again on their site.

My guess is that those who didn't get a notification, might not get their copy

Last edited:
I got a dispatch notification the same day the steel went live again on their site.

My guess is that those who didn't get a notification, might not get their copy

Didn't get my despatch notice until the day after it went live, so that was New Years eve.

That's mine arrived from my order the other day. They have ran out of boxes, came in one padded jiffy and a bigger normal envelope. My steel appears to be in perfect condition, thought it might have been the scratched and dented left overs. Also got team America and starships troopers, not a bad day.

Reactions: RBD
I also got my dispatch notification almost instantly. Mine is yet to arrive.

Thanks for the info about the packaging, smcbeath. That's a bit worrying. Were all three in the same jiffy bag?

Each steel was separate, my mistake though both the big and small envelopes were jiffy, so double protection per steel. The packaging probably cost more than starships troopers:p

I wonder how they managed to run out of boxes, I guess that it is an easy mistake, right:hilarious:

Each steel was separate, my mistake though both the big and small envelopes were jiffy, so double protection per steel. The packaging probably cost more than starships troopers:p

I wonder how they managed to run out of boxes, I guess that it is an easy mistake, right:hilarious:

I could probably rustle up a dozen boxes from my recycling bin if they are that desperate. :p

Let's pray to the jiffy gods that everyone's steels arrive in perfect condition.

EDIT: Just got two deliveries from Zavvi. P&G was double jiffy bagged as expected, but doesn't appear to be damaged. 13 Assassins arrived in a card envelope only and the shrink wrap was torn in places. Not good. I'm going open both to inspect for damage.

Last edited:
I could probably rustle up a dozen boxes from my recycling bin if they are that desperate. :p

Let's pray to the jiffy gods that everyone's steels arrive in perfect condition.

Keep hold of your packaging, you might find it handy if you trade/sell a steelbook in the future, dont throw it in your Recycling its expensive to buy. I keep all boxes and bubble wrap to use again. just a little tip :thumbs:

Reactions: RBD
Mine arrived this morning. I may have snagged the last steelbook box for it as my Monsters University arrived in a double Jiffy bag. Both mint though.

Ordered two. Both have a ding in them. Things can't be that bad for Zavvi that they can't invest in some better packaging.

Last edited:
Are people suggesting that maybe the copies that went back up for sale we're mostly damaged copies anyway and that Zavvi are covering it up by shipping them in Jiffys??