Panasonic BD85/Viera Cast vs Roku XDS player-any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
I am considering replacing an older Panasonic BD35 player with the BD85 which I can get for about $125. Primarily it is so we can stream Netflix in the living room, which we currently cannot do. Plus I often purchase Blu-Rays and end up wasting the Amazon VOD credit because I can't use it on my player.

However, due to Roku's rave reviews, I also thought about getting this instead, and leaving my BD player as is.

Can anyone comment on Viera Cast apps, and their availability to connect? Any definite plans for Hulu Plus to be added to Panasonic internet enabled players soon?

If you use Roku, how do you like it? Any other news regarding other channels to be added to their offering?

Thanks for your thoughts-

DB

Viera cast has Amazon and netflix connectivity. However, check the compatibility. Some Panasonic players support Amazon, but they do not support Netflix.

Panasonic promised viera cast updates, but since Netflix there hasn't been new applications announced.

Hey Horhay-yeah, I saw that they both had Amazon and Netflix, which made me compare the two. Have you ever had any trouble with the Viera Cast apps and wi-fi?

I think it was recently announced that Vudu is also coming to Panasonic Viera Cast enabled TV's and players...

Hey Horhay-yeah, I saw that they both had Amazon and Netflix, which made me compare the two. Have you ever had any trouble with the Viera Cast apps and wi-fi?

I think it was recently announced that Vudu is also coming to Panasonic Viera Cast enabled TV's and players...

Never, I have wi-fi on my BDP-T300 panny player and never had an issue with the Viera Cast applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.