Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: February 28, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €34.99 (FNAC) - €32.68 (Amazon)

91klbcgmFaL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Parasite french 4K Steelbook is finally here. I will be adding external english subtitles via the oppo 203 and watching tonight
I'm I correct to say this French steel only has French subs, even on the UHD disc? Saw this movie yesterday (Hong Kong Blu-ray) and I'm still wondering what all the fuzz is about. Oscar worthy and better than 'Irishman'? Hell NO!! (IMO)

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
I'm I correct to say this French steel only has French subs, even on the UHD disc? Saw this movie yesterday (Hong Kong Blu-ray) and I'm still wondering what all the fuzz is about. Oscar worthy and better than 'Irishman'? Hell NO!! (IMO)
I really enjoyed the irishman. its an amazing film but really its just a mobster film, or a film about friendship. I would say its a mans film. parasite has many more levels to it. more universally appealing too.

I can see why parasite would walk away the winner but its all down to taste in the end

Both are brilliant films, but The Irishman got snubbed in the Oscars this year.

Well, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Scorsese has already made that exact film, except much much better, about 7 times before. Of course it's a good movie, but it just is so unbelievable inferior to e.g. Goodfellas and the weird de-aging didn't help. Also, during my Parasite watch, I never checked my clock and was holding my breath multiple times and when it was over I had to watch it again straight away. The Irishman took me 3 sessions to finish and I don't think I'll need to watch it again (IMO).

Does this have english subtitles?
No
Discs in France release only have french subtitles

German releases of this film also only has German Subtitles

If you want a disc with English subtitles get either the USA or UK or Australia releases of this film

parasite number 1 fan :D :D :rolleyes::rolleyes:

@djjez83
You might want to read this post from Digibook/Mediabook forum in regards the 4K releases from Koch Media

There has been an error in the disc production and the wrong master got sent to Koch Films. This means, the included 4K master is using SDR instead of HDR and will be replaced for the upcoming steelbook editions while the mediabook will have faulty 4K discs due to its earlier release tomorrow. If you buy a mediabook edition of the film, you have to mail proof of purchase to Capelight/Koch Media via [email protected] and you will get sent a new pair of 4K discs once they have been produced.

I hate that the UK is stuck with a trash publisher that won't do 4K releases. I wouldn't mind so much if we could get english sub versions elsewhere, but it seems the other countries just aren't allowed to include English subs.

It makes me not even want to buy the UK blu ray, the publisher doesn't deserve the support.

For anyone trying to track down a 4K Blu with English Subtitles BR.com just posted a listing that Universal will be releasing one in the US on June 2nd. Unfortunately those with an Atmos setup will be disappointed as this US release doesn’t have the Atmos soundtrack like this French release does.

Last edited:
Reactions: GroundDigger
Hello, to everyone.

I am hosting a GB for a custom-made fullslip for this 'Parasite' steelbook.
You all are invited to visit the thread and watch the photos of the fullslip.

That's a very nice full slip @JoMaSanRa
My only concern is the width. It looks like the slip's too wide to hold a steelbook properly on its own, i.e. without a booklet. Am I seeing things or is this really the case? I'm tempted to buy it, but I need to know before I make my decision.