Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

famagosta

Premium Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Milan, Italy
Release date: February 3, 2021
Purchase links: Nova Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip- Kimchi Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip - Plain Archive Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip (Pre-order on December 10 at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: Full Slip A $50.99 (Nova) - $53.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Full Slip B $53.99 (Nova) - $55.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Quarter Slip $45.99 (Nova) - $48.99 (Kimchi - PA)
Notes: WEA - Full Slip A includes a 60-page essay book - Full Slip B includes a 120-page photobook

2B0C36D4-C4AD-4697-9D27-42718C8D7FD2.jpegE2EDC24E-DFE0-43AE-9B4E-0223985441E5.jpeg39DFF2C3-0691-4088-A9BB-BEF200C83718.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen plain explain the finishes of a slip before a pre order anyway. Mainly manta do that. Sometimes Nova

sorry to hear that, and same too, had a death in the family within the first 2 weeks of the new year as well as other sh!t going on but I use this site and hobby to escape the crap. Although I agree and other things have been put into perspective for me but especially with what happened in 2020 and still continuing now. I very nearly stopped this hobby a few months back and deleted my HDN account. I found that hard because I love it here and collecting too much so I said to myself only come on here at small amounts in a day or every few days but then that never worked out either, been such a boring and awful 12 months this was my escape I suppose. Which is why I’m probably still so vocal about stuff I’m annoyed with if I’m paying for it. But I hear you man x
I can't recall them ever describing a finish before either now that you mention it.

Likewise... HDN/collecting has always has been an escape for me (mostly from mental health stuff) as well, so can definitely relate. Nowadays though collecting seems to be bring more and more stress along with it, so I try to just take things as they come now... if I miss out on a release or something doesn't turn out as I hoped, then so be it. Expressing disappointment is never a bad thing though of course... if anything it's helpful feedback, but it's not worth getting frustrated over.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your loss mate. Seems everyone I know has lost someone this last year, so super dark times for sure. Hoping things start to pick up soon so we can all get a bit of normality back in our lives. Stay safe out there!

I can't recall them ever describing a finish before either now that you mention it.

Likewise... HDN/collecting has always has been an escape for me (mostly from mental health stuff) as well, so can definitely relate. Nowadays though collecting seems to be bring more and more stress along with it, so I try to just take things as they come now... if I miss out on a release or something doesn't turn out as I hoped, then so be it. Expressing disappointment is never a bad thing though of course... if anything it's helpful feedback, but it's not worth getting frustrated over.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your loss mate. Seems everyone I know has lost someone this last year, so super dark times for sure. Hoping things start to pick up soon so we can all get a bit of normality back in our lives. Stay safe out there!

Yeah I’m the same as you know. The way I sometimes come across on here isn’t actually how I am in the real world. Like argumentative or constantly annoyed. But you know that anyway. Maybe I went a bit too far earlier and I’ll be happy when it’s in hand. My passion overtakes me sometimes and looks worse than it is or how I mean. My initial thoughts I was annoyed. But this happens a lot to me. I was annoyed at mantas designs for drive but since then they’ve grown on me for example.

Been a while since I’ve spoke to you outside of HDN. Did you ever sort your phone or iPad out? I PMd you recently too by the way. I keep forgetting to change my email from hotmail to my yahoo email so i still don’t get Email notifications of PMs and I forgot you messaged me before Christmas so I replied to that. Anyway chin up and take care

yeah I hope things get back to normal soon. It’s mad that my next day out or when I see some family will be at a funeral. It’s crazy when you think of it like that.

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah I’m the same as you know. The way I sometimes come across on here isn’t actually how I am in the real world. Like argumentative or constantly annoyed. But you know that anyway. Maybe I went a bit too far earlier and I’ll be happy when it’s in hand. My passion overtakes me sometimes and looks worse than it is or how I mean. My initial thoughts I was annoyed. But this happens a lot to me. I was annoyed at mantas designs for drive but since then they’ve grown on me for example.

Been a while since I’ve spoke to you outside of HDN. Did you ever sort your phone or iPad out? I PMd you recently too by the way. I keep forgetting to change my email from hotmail to my yahoo email so i still don’t get Email notifications of PMs and I forgot you messaged me before Christmas so I replied to that. Anyway chin up and take care

yeah I hope things get back to normal soon. It’s mad that my next day out or when I see some family will be at a funeral. It’s crazy when you think of it like that.
Received your PM and keep meaning to reply, but get caught up responding to other messages from folks needing help etc. Will reply soon though and answer everything in there. :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
I think the slip looks great and actually prefer that texture over spot gloss for this particular design... enhances the art style IMO.
Agreed. The finishing touch on the paper makes more sense to me this way rather than spot gloss. Ofc it's just a matter of personal taste ;)

Reactions: Noodles
I don’t own those but are they just textured or do they have more to it?
I personally can’t stand just one style of finish on a slip. Whether it’s fully textured or fully gloss etc. I’ve always vocalised that. I’ll always say it’s disappointing once we see pics or get them In hand. This isn’t a new thing from me. And I’ve never known plain to do a one style finish slip personally. I don’t own all their releases though.

Anyway it seems to only be me who annoyed so looks like everyone else just accepts it because it’s plain (who I personally think are great but have annoyed me this occasion - or whoever it is who’s in charge of how it’s turned out)
"Just accepts because it's Plain Archive"? No, I accept it because I love it! You're right: everyone is entitled to express disappointment but, same way, people can show how much they love it.
Personally it's a treatment I like a lot.

Reactions: Flloydo
  • Haha
Reactions: zoltan_g and Lutzo
Has anyone had shipping confirmation from PA to the UK? My order is still just showing as confirmed and was wondering if they're just taking a while to ship them all out or if there are still shipping restrictions in place to the UK.

Thanks!

I know everyone here is about Steelbook and Full Slips, but I went for the Digipack because I like the Digipack art best and the Slipcover is not bad too. But damn, they have to spoil it with the Best Picture banner.

Full Slip A looks good too. Loves especially the back art; the design matches well with the Steelbook. And what a pleasant surprise the essay book is not just black words on white paper but actually semi-gloss with nice pictures too. Had wanted to sell it if a good price but now will likely keep it too.