E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 15, 2020
Purchase link: The Jokers (OOS)
Price: €45
Note: Collector's Edition includes box set with SteelBook, 4 discs (4K + BD + BD Bonus + DVD), booklet. No English subtitles, Blu-ray region B only.

SCENO-COLLECTOR-PARASITE_2_e15982a6-6804-43c0-b728-812a6f30e5c3_1800x1039.png

I'm trying to understand this slipbox. Is it open from the top in half and then can be closed reversing the half front art to the back?

I'm trying to understand this slipbox. Is it open from the top in half and then can be closed reversing the half front art to the back?

Yes, on the one side you have the actor and on the other side you have an insect....well a parasite. For people who have seen the movie this is a pretty obvious analogy and as you can see in the picture above they are interchangable. The box is quite nice and actually NOT sold out. They reprinted another 1000 copies and it is still available for a quite reasonable 45€ price tag.

Reactions: Real Steel
Fair point, could it be though that they just currently don't ship out because of Covid-19? It was still available last week when I ordered an extra copy for a friend.

They state the following in the listing:

Nous on croyait que les blu-ray, ça ne se vendait plus... Puis vous avez mis trois jours à mettre le coffret Parasite en rupture de stock. Comme ça a été un peu trop vite pour certains, qui n’ont pas manqué de nous le signaler, nous remettons 1000 coffrets en vente, à partir de 17h, jusqu’à dimanche 18 heures.

We thought that blu-ray wasn’t selling anymore... Then it took 3 days for the box set to sell out. Since some have missed out, and didn’t hesitate to let us know, we’re re-listing 1000 box sets for sale, starting from 5 PM until Sunday 6 PM.

No mention of a date or if that’s already happened.

Reactions: Real Steel
Yes, on the one side you have the actor and on the other side you have an insect....well a parasite. For people who have seen the movie this is a pretty obvious analogy and as you can see in the picture above they are interchangable. The box is quite nice and actually NOT sold out. They reprinted another 1000 copies and it is still available for a quite reasonable 45€ price tag.
Oh just realised no Eng sub so it's a big minus. I guess the price is ok cuz it's 4K. But I'm still not into 4K and not a big fan of this movie to want it in 4K. The box is an interesting novelty but no other extras other than the storyboard and poster. Are the storyboard texts in Korean or French?

Nous on croyait que les blu-ray, ça ne se vendait plus... Puis vous avez mis trois jours à mettre le coffret Parasite en rupture de stock. Comme ça a été un peu trop vite pour certains, qui n’ont pas manqué de nous le signaler, nous remettons 1000 coffrets en vente, à partir de 17h, jusqu’à dimanche 18 heures.

We thought that blu-ray wasn’t selling anymore... Then it took 3 days for the box set to sell out. Since some have missed out, and didn’t hesitate to let us know, we’re re-listing 1000 box sets for sale, starting from 5 PM until Sunday 6 PM.

I caught that when it was on there the first time. I don’t remember the exact date but I’m fairly sure it was more than a month ago. Somewhere mid to end Feb if I remember correctly. I’m sure there’s a tweet that can be linked back to it.

This was all covered in the regular "Parasite FR" thread actually. They initially planned on doing 1500 and those sold out very quickly and the pre-order box started selling on ebay for 150€ by some scalpers, so the jokers sent a mail out to all purchasers telling them that they would produce another 1000 box sets and this delayed the release by several weeks.
All is good, I'm happy with my copy and even though I will never open it or watch this version, this steelsbook is so amazing!!!

Last Friday I finally got my order (two copies from the first run, one is for a friend). The Jokers definitely have to learn a lesson or two about packing their product properly.

dmg_1.jpg

Q: Is it a good to idea to put all the protection on only one side in the cardboard mailer, leaving the other side exposed?

dmg_a.jpg dmg_b.jpg

A: No, it really isnt.

:confused:

At least the second copy didn't get damaged (quite a miracle). Also, the steelbook the in battered box wasn't affected - the box saved the steel from being dented, lol.

13.jpg

As much as I'm annoyed by this carelessness in packaging, needlessly yielding a damaged product, their customer service works fine. Within less than 24 hours they answered my e-mail and told me they'd send a replacement "once the confinement is over". (Will they send you a replacement, too? @SourceD)

I'll post some more pics of the box tomorrow.

Last edited:
Last Friday I finally got my order (two copies from the first run, one is of a friend). The Jokers definitely have to learn a lesson or two about packing their product properly.

View attachment 467831

Q: Is it a good to idea to put all the protection on only one side in the cardboard mailer, leaving the other side exposed?

View attachment 467832 View attachment 467833

At least the second copy didn't get damaged (quite a miracle). Also, the steelbook the in battered box wasn't affected - the box saved the steel from being dented, lol.

View attachment 467834

As much as I'm annoyed by this carelessness in packaging, needlessly yielding a damaged product, their customer service works fine. Within less than 24 hours they answered my e-mail and told me they'd send a replacement "once the confinement is over". (Will they send you a replacement, too? @SourceD)

Thanks for the pics. This is as good as no protective packaging. Same standard as Amazon. Chances the resend will be same. Luckily I did not order. Got sick a long while already dealing with damaged deliveries.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Last Friday I finally got my order (two copies from the first run, one is of a friend). The Jokers definitely have to learn a lesson or two about packing their product properly.

View attachment 467831

View attachment 467834

Yes they are also sending me a replacement but they said it can take a while

Last Friday I finally got my order (two copies from the first run, one is for a friend). The Jokers definitely have to learn a lesson or two about packing their product properly.

View attachment 467831

View attachment 467834

So from your in person review, is it worth going through the trouble getting this edition?

So from your in person review, is it worth going through the trouble getting this edition?
To be completely honest: No, it isn't. The box does not have any special kind of finish. The manufacture is okay, but certainly not on a level with the products from the premium retailers/companies we hold so dear. But to be fair: It's not like the extra cost for the box is that much over the price you'd pay for the bare steelbook. Not a surprise but still worth mentioning: the included script is all French. My advice: only buy it if you really need to have it in your collection. If it's mostly the steelbook you're interested in, just go for that and don't bother with the box.
I hope this helps! Pics are coming soon to further help you with your decision.

Last edited: