Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: Novermber 23, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Zoom - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Finish: Zero - matte w/ metallic areas. No 'bossing.
Notes: Includes black & white version.

71gQYUrjcXL._AC_SY445_.jpg

81YjFpkjpWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
i still find it weirdly irritating that we're having another steelbook for this release in very short order since the last one, which also had the b+w, just to add a 4K disc. all the artwork has been good. it's a great film, and i know we're all collectors, and retailers are business, but it still bothers me way more than if they'd waited a bit longer.

anyhoo...

If this is available after release, I'll grab it, but 40 for a 2nd copy is too much...but if I can get it for 35, I might...as a bonus I'll know what the finish is by then
i still find it weirdly irritating that we're having another steelbook for this release in very short order since the last one, which also had the b+w, just to add a 4K disc. all the artwork has been good. it's a great film, and i know we're all collectors, and retailers are business, but it still bothers me way more than if they'd waited a bit longer.

anyhoo...

I get around this by not buying anything without a 4K Disk....Ok I did buy Galaxy Quest, but that was only 15 or 16 usd. For this one, I’m waiting till it’s released. If it’s not sold out, I’ll use a discount code. If it’s not, I’ve already got a copy, and I’m good.

anyhoo...

I agree... they're obviously trying to cash in whilst the film's success/popularity is still hot. Had it been any other film receiving another steel after only a few months, then there'd probably be an uproar from everyone (myself included lol).

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart

anyhoo...

But, but that's what a parasite does - it reproduces ... that's it's raison d'être .

Having had only one parasite in my life I've been lucky not to have had most of the symptoms including ...
  1. Constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, nausea
  2. Trouble falling asleep or waking up multiple times during the night
  3. Skin irritations or unexplained rashes, hives, rosacea or eczema
  4. Grinding teeth in my sleep
  5. Painful, aching muscles or joints
  6. Fatigue, exhaustion, mood changes, depression or frequent feelings of apathy
  7. Never feel satisfied or full after my meals
  8. Iron-deficiency anemia
... maybe a bit of 2 but with the arrival of a second parasite pending my nerves are getting frayed.

• Wow
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Honestly finishes this year are utter sh!t. Why the hell is everything streaky matte and zero finish again.

This, the new IT steels, 300... all could of been amazing with the right finish.

Then we get a great finish on Star Wars but the whole wave is a disaster with other issues

This year we've had spot gloss with debossing
1603219844348.png
1603219978295.png

... plus gloss with metallic effects
1603219742148.png

and finally before the year is out zero
1603220174428.png
1603220120497.png
which, with this cool image, should still look great and although was ideally hoping for the French steel to be released in the UK I realise (for obvious reasons) that was not possible and will end this annus horribilis happy with getting my mitts on two of the three.

Last edited:
Dissappointing that this steel will be matte. I just canceled my order. I think the best option is to buy the French steel and just replace the discs if you need English subtitles.

Dissappointing that this steel will be matte. I just canceled my order. I think the best option is to buy the French steel and just replace the discs if you need English subtitles.
Or rip it (if you have a nas or media pc) with a compatible Blu ray drive (*) and d/l whatever subtitles you need.
(*) I think I saw that there’s a patch for some 4K drives that allow you to rip as well (libre something software or perhaps it’s firmware).

Reactions: MM3
Steelbook is listed as Zero Finish not Matte

Zero finish is different to Matte

Gloss and Zero varnishes enhance the intensity of colours
Matte and satin varnishes give a soft, muted effect

Scanavo
Page 8 Varnish

Screenshot (259).png

Cancelled. Already have the UK steel and imported the US disc. They shouldn't be baiting us by staggering the blu ray and 4k releases for a new film like this.

Steelbook is listed as Zero Finish not Matte

Zero finish is different to Matte

Gloss and Zero varnishes enhance the intensity of colours
Matte and satin varnishes give a soft, muted effect

Scanavo
Page 8 Varnish

View attachment 489278
Sounds like matte to me. What does that even mean when they say "invisible" low-gloss varnish? The varnish is either there or it isn't. So the colors supposedly look slightly better, which I doubt the human eye can distinguish from "matte" as they say it's "invisible." Some people have difficulty distinguishing between matte and satin, so I imagine no one can tell the difference at all. "Zero varnish" is basically the same as matte. I reckon it only looks better on paper.