Parasite (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 2, 2020 (BD) - April 30, 2020 (4K)
Purchase links: 4K - BD
Price: €34.99 (4K) - €29.99 (BD)

81pSV7QqHEL._SY445_.jpg 81LNU-VumHL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
So far UK only as far as I know for B/W cut unless there is another release I'm not aware about
UK release is Blu-ray

German release is from koch media/Capelight different discs to UK release
There`s no information to find if the B/ W version is included on other releases. Only the "Bong Joon Ho Masterclass on Toronto/Munich Film Festival" is listed as Bonus on the Blu-Ray steelbook from Amazon.de.
The Amaray-version only has different trailers - nothing special.

sad that he got a damaged copy, but why is he so stupid to open it? I mean you see and feel the damage through the seal.
when I would be a retailer, then I wouldnt take it back, because it isnt sealed anymore.
When the damage is on the back though you can't see and can't always feel. Had this recently, front looked fine but under the j-card on the front and back were small dents.

sad that he got a damaged copy, but why is he so stupid to open it? I mean you see and feel the damage through the seal.
when I would be a retailer, then I wouldnt take it back, because it isnt sealed anymore.
Indeed. Whenever I have received one like that, I've always left it and arranged a return. The only exception is where the damage wasn't noticeable until I had unsealed it, which has happened to me on a couple of occasions - but, thankfully, after explaining that to whichever retailer I have received it from they have accepted my explanation.

Reactions: tha_lunatic
If you was a retailer you would be breaking cusumer law if you refuse to take it back

Customers have right to unseal goods when they get delivery and if goods are damaged they are entitled to refund or replacement it dont matter if they can see any damage before removing shrink wrapping.

It's only when its unwanted item as in change your mind under 14 day rule you need to keep sealed for a return.

There`s no information to find if the B/ W version is included on other releases. Only the "Bong Joon Ho Masterclass on Toronto/Munich Film Festival" is listed as Bonus on the Blu-Ray steelbook from Amazon.de.
The Amaray-version only has different trailers - nothing special.
We are discussing the UK release in regards to B/W cut
That has both colour and B/W cuts

UK discs are from Curzon Artificial Eye

German release is from Koch Media these discs having nothing to do with UK release

this dude has 4 dents on the front
It dont matter how many dents can be seen when still sealed customer has rights to unseal product when delivered under consumer law and do a return as damaged goods received if they decide they want to do this.

You only need to keep sealed if returning as unwanted goods

I usually send Future Paks back, when they have scratches and dents. Often they come slightly damaged directly out of the factory and you can be lucky to get a flawless one, but if U get one it`s automatically rare, especially when they`re strictly limited.
Future Paks must be in a very good condition - otherwise most of them are less worth than a used Amaray. Steelbooks always go - even when they are slightly damaged it is possible to sell them again. But such damage like the on the Parasite-one is a No-Go.

If you was a retailer you would be breaking cusumer law if you refuse to take it back

Customers have right to unseal goods when they get delivery and if goods are damaged they are entitled to refund or replacement it dont matter if they can see any damage before removing shrink wrapping.

It's only when its unwanted item as in change your mind under 14 day rule you need to keep sealed for a return.
It dont matter how many dents can be seen when still sealed customer has rights to unseal product when delivered under consumer law and do a return as damaged goods received if they decide they want to do this.
I saw many unboxing videos where the dudes say: it's damage, but I'll unseal it to watch the movie and then send it back.

or few unseal it to get the youtube clicks and send it back after they did the video.

i would say this to the customer: you saw the damages, so why did you open it?
accept the damages and unseal it or keep it sealed and send it back.

I saw many unboxing videos where the dudes say: it's damage, but I'll unseal it to watch the movie and then send it back.

or few unseal it to get the youtube clicks and send it back after they did the video.

i would say this to the customer: you saw the damages, so why did you open it?
accept the damages and unseal it or keep it sealed and send it back.
That is not how consumer law works
When you pay and get delivery of goods you are entitled to open and inspect goods regeardless if you can see any damage before removing the shrink wrapping.

Damage goods can be returned opened or sealed its customer choice to make

It's only when customer wants to do a return under unwanted goods they need to return unopened.

We are discussing the UK release in regards to B/W cut
That has both colour and B/W cuts

UK discs are from Curzon Artificial Eye

German release is from Koch Media these discs having nothing to do with UK release
Often the supplements on releases of different countries are similar. I try to find out if it`s the same with this release.

Often the supplements on releases of different countries are similar. I try to find out if it`s the same with this release.
It's already known the discs contents are different between UK and German releases

Its only the steelbook itself that is shared

Reactions: komor
Maybe I find some further information in the future, but I don`t buy it when the half of it is missing.

That is not how consumer law works
When you pay and get delivery of goods you are entitled to open and inspect goods regeardless if you can see any damage before removing the shrink wrapping.

Damage goods can be returned opened or sealed its customer choice to make

It's only when customer wants to do a return under unwanted goods they need to return unopened.
it's ok, when you dont see the damages through the seal or when you dont see the item, because it's inside a box.

but when you see and feel 4 dents through the seal and you already know that you will send it back, so why open it?

it's ok, when you dont see the damages through the seal or when you dont see the item, because it's inside the a box.

but when you see and feel 4 dents through the seal and you already know that you will send it back, so why open it?
Simple reason under consumer law customers are entitled to open and inspect goods received
Customer decides if they will be keeping or doing a return be it opened or sealed

You only need to keep sealed if doing a return under unwanted goods under distance selling rules.
As in change your mind on the purchase.

If you see any damage it's best to do a return as damaged and not as unwanted even if you kept it sealed

The steelbook turned out nice with the glossy finish. My copy's free of dents but has got noticeable scratches. :offtopic: It's so tiresome! It almost feels like every release is flawed in some way. I'm not sure yet whether I should contact Amazon or not. At this price I probably should. Since I'll put it in a custom slip from @JoMaSanRa, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Especially because it's unsealed (although the scratches didn't show when it was still sealed). Anyway, here're some pics (of the steel, not specifically the scratches):

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg

Reactions: Felix_ro
The steelbook turned out nice with the glossy finish. My copy's free of dents but has got noticeable scratches. :offtopic: It's so tiresome! It almost feels like every release is flawed in some way. I'm not sure yet whether I should contact Amazon or not. At this price I probably should. Since I'll put it in a custom slip from @JoMaSanRa, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Especially because it's unsealed (although the scratches didn't show when it was still sealed). Anyway, here're some pics (of the steel, not specifically the scratches):

View attachment 468331 View attachment 468332 View attachment 468333 View attachment 468334 View attachment 468335
View attachment 468336 View attachment 468337 View attachment 468338 View attachment 468339 View attachment 468340
If I was U I would send it back as long it is not out of print. It's not your fault.

Reactions: CleverLoginName

View attachment 468331 View attachment 468332 View attachment 468333 View attachment 468334 View attachment 468335
View attachment 468336 View attachment 468337 View attachment 468338 View attachment 468339 View attachment 468340
send it back and order a new one

Reactions: CleverLoginName