Parasite (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 2, 2020 (BD) - April 30, 2020 (4K)
Purchase links: 4K - BD
Price: €34.99 (4K) - €29.99 (BD)

81pSV7QqHEL._SY445_.jpg 81LNU-VumHL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks....I can't seem to order any steelbooks from them.
I get notifications that it cannot be shipped to my address (US)

Same for me when trying to order from US to Belgium. Probably due to fewer flights.

why are the release dates so different between Germany and UK.
UK has to wait until June
Distributors decide the release dates not the retailers

Release dates often different in other countries nothing unusual

Some can be a few days or a few months in difference in regards to release dates

Different distrbutors in UK/France/Germany/Italy for this film home media release.

• Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey
usually we in Germany have to wait much longer ...tbh I was also surprised when I saw the release dates.
The film has different distrbutors in each country that's why the release dates are different

It's when you have same distributor you see release dates be around same time or be few days to a few weeks difference.

Curzon Artificial Eye decided on June 1st for UK release.

UK release has nothing to do with France/Germany/Italy and other countries release dates as they are from different distrbutors.

The film has different distrbutors in each country that's why the release dates are different

It's when you have same distributor you see release dates be around same time or be few days to a few weeks difference.

Curzon Artificial Eye decided on June 1st for UK release.

UK release has nothing to do with France/Germany/Italy and other countries release dates.
I know.

what I wanted to say is: since the invention of home cinema we in Germany always have to wait much longer

Last edited:
I know.

what I wanted to say is: since the invention of home cinema we in Germany always had to wait much longer
Germany often has had various steelbooks released before UK some been 3-6 months before.

Yes there has been some when UK was first but that is decided by the film studio/distributor with a retailer.
Some of these was Zavvi exclusive with time period of exclusive applied.

Universal and Warner for example often had steelbooks release in Europe before UK

When it comes to a film having different distrbutors release date can vary by Weeks/Months/Years
Also when different distrbutors the discs themselves not the same.

UK discs has different extras to France/Germany/Italy releases so that also affects UK release date.

Last edited:
Reactions: tha_lunatic
why are the release dates so different between Germany and UK.
UK has to wait until June
For what it’s worth, next to the information posted by others: cinematic release in the UK was one the last for Parasite, it didn’t release there untill I think end of January. Most other Western European countries had it around October.

Reactions: jailbird_joey