UK
Release date: 24th February, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon UK - £19.88
Zavvi
Arrow - £16.99

picture.php

picture.php

Brian De Palma’s inspired rock’n’roll fusion of Faust, The Phantom of the Opera and The Picture of Dorian Gray boasts an Oscar-nominated score by Paul Williams, who also stars as an evil record producer who not only steals the work of composer/performer Winslow Leach (William Finley) but gets him locked up in Sing Sing – and that’s not the worst that happens to him along the way.

Few revenge scenarios have ever been so amply justified, but the film is also constantly aware of the satirical possibilities offered by the 1970s music industry, exemplified by Gerrit Graham’s hilariously camp glam-rock star. Jessica Harper (Suspiria) appears in her first major role as the naïve but ambitious singer, on whom Winslow secretly dotes.

Prodigiously inventive both musically and visually, this is one of De Palma’s most entertaining romps, not least because it was so clearly a labour of love.

Specs to be revealed soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrow have changed the release date to 24th February 2014
24/02/2014

Extras are :oohyeah: :scat::thumbs:
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature, available in the UK for the first time!
Original uncompressed Stereo PCM / 4.0 DTS-HD Master Audio options
Isolated Music and Effects soundtrack
Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
Paradise Regained – A 50 minute documentary on the making of the film featuring director Brian De Palma, producer Ed Pressman, the late star William Finley, star and composer Paul Williams, co-stars Jessica Harper and Gerrit Graham and more!
Guillermo Del Toro interviews Paul Williams (72 mins, 2014)
The Swan Song Fiasco: A new video piece exploring the changes made to the film in post-production
Archive interview with costume designer Rosanna Norton
William Finley on the Phantom doll!
Paradise Lost and Found: Alternate takes and bloopers from the cutting room floor
Original Trailers
Radio Spots
Gallery of rare stills including behind-the-scenes images by photographer Randy Black
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth and an exploration of the film’s troubled marketing history by Ari Kahan, curator of SwanArchives.org, illustrated with original stills and promotional material
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Red Dress [Amaray release only]
Limited Edition SteelBook™ packaging featuring original artwork [ SteelBook only]

A must buy alone just for the Extras
Amazing

Arrow steels should always be matte, always have set the standard for matte finishes and actually does more justice to the classical artwork they tend to use than a glossy would. Glossy would be out of place on some of the arrow releases in my opinion.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
I cancelled my Zavvi Order

To many steelbooks on order
Jan/Feb/March/April

Next month or following month I will order direct from Arrow
Price should be ok as I have Arrow reward points to use

It's a fantastic looking Steelbook just a pity my bank balance is not so pretty at the moment

Last edited:
Just popped the disc in for the Friday night film. I haven't got a clue what it's about. And still not sure after seeing the vid above lol.

I always buy arrow steels to support arrow so here goes.

Reactions: paulboland