Phenomena (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow)-HDN chooses art

HDN Chooses art-Pick from 4 choices (Poll concluded)

• Choice 1

Votes: 47 20.5%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 41 17.9%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 66 28.8%
  • Choice 4

Votes: 75 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: September 15, 2014
Purchase link: Phenomena
Price: £17.99

phenomena.jpg
back.jpg

Will be limited to 2000 units ONLY.

Vote ends 5pm UK time on April 3, 2014

Matte finish.

From IMDB:

A young girl, with an amazing ability to communicate with insects, is transferred to an exclusive Swiss boarding school, where her unusual capability might help solve a string of murders.

Writers: Dario Argento (story), Franco Ferrini (story), 2 more credits »
Stars: Jennifer Connelly, Donald Pleasence, Daria Nicolodi | See full cast and crew »

Description as below:

LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY STEELBOOK SPECIAL FEATURES:

*Dario's Monkey Business: The Making of Phenomena [50 mins] – A documentary featuring interviews with key talent behind the film including director Dario Argento, star Daria Nicolodi, underwater photographer Gianlorenzo Battaglia and more!

*Music for Maggots - An Interview with composer Claudio Simonetti

*Creepers for Creatures - Sergio Stivaletti lives Q&A sessions from Dublin and Edinburgh

*Exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento

*Original Italian and English* Stereo Audio

*Brand new subtitle translation of the Italian and optional English subtitles of the English audio

*The English Audio track has some portions of English audio missing. This was either never recorded or has been lost. Scenes without English audio automatically revert to the Italian audio with English subtitles.

Share your thoughts on art in this HDN exclusive poll!

Art choices:

Choice # 1

Phenomena1.jpg

Choice # 2

Phenomena2.jpg

Choice # 3

Phenomena3.jpg

Choice # 4

Phenomena4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
2 or 4...1 is just stupid!
I have the Arrow slipcase version, but might double dip.

Great classic flick with fantastic music score...at least some of us older thinks that! :)

ohhh yesss!! :scat:

best news of the day (even better than the 1$-blu-ray glitch that happened on amazon.com earlier this day. :naughty:).
!!

can't wait to order this!

edit:

come on, people are you insane??? choice 4 is clearly the weakest of them all. :(

i'm undecided between 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
the original Arrow cover was better than all these -

PHENOMENA_2D_BD-500x500.jpg

But from the choice, 4 is best...

I dont think thats the original art. I think that is custom art for the re-release. I am not familiar with c, but I believe the others are all original poster arts for the film. If you are a fan of 70's and 80's horror posters, then you will greatly appreciate these. But I can see how some people not familiar are turned off. But I find it hard to turn down any arrow film release. When you look at how well they remaster the prints (most times working directly with the director if possible)and all the extras included, its always worth the price of admission.

Reactions: 8bitheart
covers 2 and 3 are actually classic vintage theatrical posters, and 1 and 4 are not (at least not that i've seen them before).

Choice 4 is original art. And they even have variation of it where half her face is a skeleton. Actually would have probably won if it was a choice.

Reactions: Flloydo
I dont think thats the original art. I think that is custom art for the re-release. I am not familiar with c, but I believe the others are all original poster arts for the film. If you are a fan of 70's and 80's horror posters, then you will greatly appreciate these. But I can see how some people not familiar are turned off. But I find it hard to turn down any arrow film release. When you look at how well they remaster the prints (most times working directly with the director if possible)and all the extras included, its always worth the price of admission.

I think I would have to agree with you there. I'm a massive fan of 70's/80's horror, but the artwork always stood out as being far too cheesy. However, the custom artwork arrow have commissioned for their releases are usually fantastic (I love the custom artwork for 'The People Under The Stairs' - ultra creepy!).

But with that in mind, I don't own this on blu yet, and the arrow steels are always high quality, and as you say, i've yet to watch an arrow print that has been less than fantastic. I will be buying this regardless.

Any idea on what the street date for this is likely to be?

covers 2 and 3 are actually classic vintage theatrical posters, and 1 and 4 are not (at least not that i've seen them before).

I thought that too. Plus look at big trouble in little china, a lot going on, loads of colours and it's epic looking. Number 3 would suit arrows style more. Not number 4 that everyone seems to be voting for! It's the worst of the bunch. Sorry just made me a bit angry that it's winning in votes.

Reactions: severo
I thought that too. Plus look at big trouble in little china, a lot going on, loads of colours and it's epic looking. Number 3 would suit arrows style more. Not number 4 that everyone seems to be voting for! It's the worst of the bunch. Sorry just made me a bit angry that it's winning in votes.

Number 3 is the most interesting because I am not familiar with that art all. But if they want it to sell well, and if collectors want it to be valuable, choice 4 is probably the safest bet. Choice 3 might be too polarizing. But then again polarizing sometimes creates value as well.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

I LOVE arrow films and will always blindly buy, but if they do not release a People Under the Stairs Steelbook soon, I might file for divorce.

Reactions: chunk and Flloydo
2 or 4...1 is just stupid!
I have the Arrow slipcase version, but might double dip.

Great classic flick with fantastic music score...at least some of us older thinks that! :)

Wow! :oohyeah::LOL::movie:I'm so happy to see this today. . Just yesterday I was bidding on the arrow slipcase, and lost (went for £50EEK!).

only 2000 print run, I really hope I get one, I'd give up mars attacks, V, and 3:10 for this! Not beetlejuice though:D

not quite sure about the artwork choices, 3 is my fav but the cut off head at the bottom bothers me, cut right across the chin looks odd. 4 is nice and clean looking but maybe a little too clean for me.
I'm leaning towards 3 even with the head then 4 as my second choice.
really cool to be asked our opinions:scat:

can not wait.. :movie:

Phenomena (1985) (Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video)-HDN choo...

Of course, this is all a moot point if this turns out to be an April Fool. :)

Last edited:
Wow, had no idea that had any value, I have all the Argento slipcases but may double dip for this.

Me neither, I put it in my watch list when it was at £7.30, could not believe what it went up to in the last few hours of bidding, left me thinking I wouldn't end up owning a special edition of this film:( then I come online and I'm greeted with awesome news, could not be happier.
gonna pick option 3 as its behind but I'll be happy to get option 4 artwork if that wins the poll.. honestly I'll be happy to just get 1 of the 2000 steelbooks with any of the art I'm that happy right now:D

Reactions: hayemaker