Phenomena (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow)-HDN chooses art

HDN Chooses art-Pick from 4 choices (Poll concluded)

• Choice 1

Votes: 47 20.5%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 41 17.9%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 66 28.8%
  • Choice 4

Votes: 75 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: September 15, 2014
Purchase link: Phenomena
Price: £17.99

phenomena.jpg
back.jpg

Will be limited to 2000 units ONLY.

Vote ends 5pm UK time on April 3, 2014

Matte finish.

From IMDB:

A young girl, with an amazing ability to communicate with insects, is transferred to an exclusive Swiss boarding school, where her unusual capability might help solve a string of murders.

Writers: Dario Argento (story), Franco Ferrini (story), 2 more credits »
Stars: Jennifer Connelly, Donald Pleasence, Daria Nicolodi | See full cast and crew »

Description as below:

LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY STEELBOOK SPECIAL FEATURES:

*Dario's Monkey Business: The Making of Phenomena [50 mins] – A documentary featuring interviews with key talent behind the film including director Dario Argento, star Daria Nicolodi, underwater photographer Gianlorenzo Battaglia and more!

*Music for Maggots - An Interview with composer Claudio Simonetti

*Creepers for Creatures - Sergio Stivaletti lives Q&A sessions from Dublin and Edinburgh

*Exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento

*Original Italian and English* Stereo Audio

*Brand new subtitle translation of the Italian and optional English subtitles of the English audio

*The English Audio track has some portions of English audio missing. This was either never recorded or has been lost. Scenes without English audio automatically revert to the Italian audio with English subtitles.

Share your thoughts on art in this HDN exclusive poll!

Art choices:

Choice # 1

Phenomena1.jpg

Choice # 2

Phenomena2.jpg

Choice # 3

Phenomena3.jpg

Choice # 4

Phenomena4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Either number 1 or number 2, but If my vote must be for a specific one, I'd have to the first one.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I do like 3. The original UK vhs artwork by Graham Humphreys. Unfortunately I don't like title-less steelbooks. Oh well!

There is so much going on in number 3's artwork I didn't even notice there wasn't a titleEEK! Maybe thats why 4 is more popular so far.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I think you are right:

phenomena_creepers_poster_2.jpg

Loving that art.. do you think they could swap 4 to that.. that would be my favourite:scat:

Reactions: vurt
Do we know if this will start off zavvi exclusive but end up on the Arrow site like The Beyond did?

i'd take anything (1,2,3) except of artwork 4. i don't understand either, it's plain boring and dull...and it also doesn't fit a horror movie. it looks well-behaving like for a children's movie imho.

I think it's great to see so many people with different opinions regarding the four artwork choices... makes it more exciting that way imo. It's between 1 and 4 for me, although I still haven't quite decided which to go for yet.

I've actually never seen or even heard of the movie, but it looks interesting, and anything with Jennifer Connelly in I need to check out!

Thanks to Zavvi/Arrow for giving the HDN community the chance to vote... it's very much appreciated. :scat:

Great film! I think number 1 is the only artwork I haven't seen before, the others have been on other editions. I will go for Number 4.

For a split second I thought there were doing a steelbook of Oscar-contender Philomena :hilarious: (which is so far from steelbook material - though there's one of The King's Speech, and I'd be down for it actually, above all else it's a great film).

Voted for #2. I'm not a huge fan of all the empty black space, but I just love the drawing at the bottom, very beautiful, and it clashes with the menacing hands above.

I'm okay with all of them (#1 would be a tad disappointing though), but I'm not a huge fan of either artwork.

I think you are right:

phenomena_creepers_poster_2.jpg

Would be pretty awesome if they made a lenticular slipcover with her regular face (like choice #4) and her decaying face (that poster above).

I honestly would buy it instantly just for that. Also, there's Jennifer Connelly, she's one of these women who don't age :drool: (also in the club is Jennifer Beals, maybe it's something about being called Jennifer :D).

This one has been for sale for a few weeks.
Listed as a steelbook....hmmmmmm. German i believe.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the movie and OH MY GOD WHAT DID I JUST WATCH. WHAT. WHAT. From te poster it looked kind of like one of those 80s teen movies where it's just a girl with powers who ~finds herself~ (basically Teen Witch) but I could not have been more wrong. Jesus ding dang diddly crackle snap. I should have guessed what the movie would be like from the director, really, but we all make mistakes okay guys

Thank you everyone for sharing your feedback so far-keep the votes coming-this kind of project and opportunity is at the heart of what HDN has always been. Be interesting to see which we prefer as a community, votes got quite close over the last few hours. Have fun, all!

Sev, no, we'll let you know if they provide some kind of deadline. As they've just started, I think we have some time. Thanks for participating!

Reactions: severo