Phenomena (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow)-HDN chooses art

HDN Chooses art-Pick from 4 choices (Poll concluded)

• Choice 1

Votes: 47 20.5%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 41 17.9%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 66 28.8%
  • Choice 4

Votes: 75 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: September 15, 2014
Purchase link: Phenomena
Price: £17.99

phenomena.jpg
back.jpg

Will be limited to 2000 units ONLY.

Vote ends 5pm UK time on April 3, 2014

Matte finish.

From IMDB:

A young girl, with an amazing ability to communicate with insects, is transferred to an exclusive Swiss boarding school, where her unusual capability might help solve a string of murders.

Writers: Dario Argento (story), Franco Ferrini (story), 2 more credits »
Stars: Jennifer Connelly, Donald Pleasence, Daria Nicolodi | See full cast and crew »

Description as below:

LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY STEELBOOK SPECIAL FEATURES:

*Dario's Monkey Business: The Making of Phenomena [50 mins] – A documentary featuring interviews with key talent behind the film including director Dario Argento, star Daria Nicolodi, underwater photographer Gianlorenzo Battaglia and more!

*Music for Maggots - An Interview with composer Claudio Simonetti

*Creepers for Creatures - Sergio Stivaletti lives Q&A sessions from Dublin and Edinburgh

*Exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento

*Original Italian and English* Stereo Audio

*Brand new subtitle translation of the Italian and optional English subtitles of the English audio

*The English Audio track has some portions of English audio missing. This was either never recorded or has been lost. Scenes without English audio automatically revert to the Italian audio with English subtitles.

Share your thoughts on art in this HDN exclusive poll!

Art choices:

Choice # 1

Phenomena1.jpg

Choice # 2

Phenomena2.jpg

Choice # 3

Phenomena3.jpg

Choice # 4

Phenomena4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember watching this a couple of years ago and liked it at the time. But never did I think it will get a Steelbook release I will keep a close eye out for this one.

Thanks for posting info guys...

Looks awesome. Was hoping to receive mine today but nothing yet. So glad they used that art for the back (I voted it for the front but happy they included it in although it didn't win)

Got my copy this morning. I like the front image, but the rear one is just awesome. However they made the right decision to keep it to the rear. Used on the front it would have been overpoweringly (is that a word?) too much.

Reactions: severo
Arrived yesterday totally KNACKERED!

Box looked like it had been kicked stamped and twisted, one after the other, just to make sure it had had it!!

Let the pantomine begin: Please send pictures so we can assess the best course of action, and offer you 10% discount etc.

Arrrggghhh.

Last edited:
Arrived yesterday totally KNACKERED!

Box looked like it had been kicked stamped and twisted, one after the other, just to make sure it had had it!!

Let the pantomine begin: Plese send pictures so we can assess the best course of action, and offer you 10% discount etc.

Arrrggghhh.
Sorry to hear about the damaged steel! That would be a shipment from Zavvi, right?

When that happens to me, I always add photo of the damage to my initial query and kindly (but in no uncertain terms) request them not to offer me a partial discount, as I don't buy damaged goods.

Most of the time that eliminates the pointless (and slightly aggravating, I agree) back-and-forth messaging.

When that happens to me, I always add photo of the damage to my initial query and kindly (but in no uncertain terms) request them not to offer me a partial discount, as I don't buy damaged goods.

Most of the time that eliminates the pointless (and slightly aggravating, I agree) back-and-forth messaging.
I've done that the last couple times and it did no good :rolleyes: They still offered the discount...

I've done that the last couple times and it did no good :rolleyes: They still offered the discount...
Yeah, I know, sometimes happens to me, too :)

No guarantees with Zavvi that the CS representative doesn't simply hit you with the standard boilerplate response. But even then, they seem to understand the second "no thanks, not interested in a partial refund" :thumbs: :D

Yes Ranavalone - Zavvi; not the 'new zavvi' aka Amazon and their delicious new ultra safe A1 mailers!!!!

I just tell them I don't have a digital camera right up front (and I want a replacement, not a discount and a damaged Steelbook) - they still say it's company policy, but frankly it's company b*^^*ck$ isn't it.

Trying to get sense from Zavvi Customer Services is akin to getting blood from a stone.

Last edited: