Philip Seymour Hoffman dead!

Wow. A great actor, don't think I've ever seen a bad performance from him. Loved him in the Master and all the PT Anderson films.

What a terrible way to die, found with a needle sticking out your arm.

Reactions: jonnie123
I love him in every movie he has that I have seen, and I was actually recently on a Hoffman-trip down his filmography, most recently in the film Doubt.

I can't believe he has died, such an amazing actor. ****.

Reactions: jonnie123
On the one hand, it's a real tragedy. On the other hand, if it's true that the needle was still in is arm (and every source I read reports that): no compassion at all. I'm sorry, but for me it makes a difference if it's an accident like Paul Walker's tragic death, or if a man, old and supposedly wise enough to know better, dies from a drug overdose.

So sad and shocking... I can't believe such an amazing talent is now lost forever. :(

On the one hand, it's a real tragedy. On the other hand, if it's true that the needle was still in is arm (and every source I read reports that): no compassion at all. I'm sorry, but for me it makes a difference if it's an accident like Paul Walker's tragic death, or if a man, old and supposedly wise enough to know better, dies from a drug overdose.

Disagree entirely. But that's for another day. Let's remember the good times:

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the needle thing - people do drugs for very different/personal reasons (life can be tough at times, and unfortunately some find drugs or booze to be a good coping mechanism). It's easy to judge them for it, and sadly that's part of why many lose their life to drugs... because people see them as useless and often don't bother to try and understand or help.

We don't know all the facts yet anyway, so as Spass said... let's remember him for what he was best at!

Injecting drugs in your arms or driving in excessive speeds are both dangerous and can take your life. Death is tragic no matter how it happens. RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Reactions: ABjerg
The reports I've seen don't mention a cause of death but do mention that he had previously seeked help about drug taking. Whether people are putting 2 and 2 together at the mo is a different in unclear story. It's the first I've heard of drug problems for him so it's not like he built a career off publicly being off his tits like other so called celebs. He was an actor and a damn fine one at that and did seek help for his problems

Either way, RIP. He was a superb actor and will be missed