Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 200 or more

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
What did you buy last & post pics of collection!

Attachments

• vinyl-record.jpg
    vinyl-record.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,706
Last edited:
my main interest in collecting things initially aroused out of vinyl collecting...
i started to get interested in movie soundtracks a long time ago, i bought some, mainly to have sample material for own music productions.
now, when i found out about the small but enthusiastic OST collecting community online, it got my full attention, and my interest in collecting things somehow now goes back from addictive movie buying to getting me some nice wax. :)

here are my latest purchases, many more to come in the next days/ weeks:

2014-01-10 14.01.03.jpg

and a picture of about 95% of my vinyl collection:

vinyl-collection2014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all, on saturday i found a copy of “zombie flesh eaters” at a local record store here in vienna, and i hesitated to buy it because i already have a copy from discogs coming to me (i suppose the red repress). however, i couldn’t resist to get it as this is one of my all-time fav. zombie movies, and so glad i did…
i thought it’s definitely also a red disc inside, but… NO!
blood splatter variant, for 24€!! :D

2014-01-20 20.25.48.jpg

and then, i went to a 2nd hand record store, to get my fingers dusty, i only had a couple of minutes time before it closed, but i found a new and sealed copy of “henry- portrait of a serial killer” picture disc. bargain price 15€. killer A1 size poster inside, everything minty mint.

2014-01-20 20.21.45.jpg

2014-01-20 20.23.04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: P0UNDLAND
The last Vinyl that I purchased was the Alkaline Trio, My shame is true Deluxe collectors edition. This was limited to 500 copies. So so happy to own this.

Alkaline Trio Deluxe.jpg

As you may find out over time I am a bit of an Alkaline Trio fan. I am aiming to get hold of every release on vinyl. Gonna cost alot of money.

I'm just getting back into vinyl, and have some questions for those of you who are more experienced. I haven't had a record player since the early 90's, and that was just a plain Pioneer brand. I'm stuck between 2 models at the moment. One is automatic and one is manual. These are the tables i've narrowed it down to:

61i3yxA6vZL._SL1500_.jpg

Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic

51jz1MDVeyL._SL1500_.jpg

PRO-JECT DEBUT CARBON or Debut III Manual

They both seem like good tables, and i think i'd prefer an Automatic as i'm far from a vinyl audiophile, and i'm not very electronically gifted. I realize the Pro-Ject would sound better due to the better quality cartridge and such, but the Denon is obviously automatic, and i could always upgrade the cartridge if i chose to do so. They're both in my price range, as i want to spend no more than $400 on my table.

In addition, i realize i need a pre-amp for the Pro-Ject, but wouldn't need one for the Denon.

I'm just getting back into vinyl, and have some questions for those of you who are more experienced. I haven't had a record player since the early 90's, and that was just a plain Pioneer brand. I'm stuck between 2 models at the moment. One is automatic and one is manual. These are the tables i've narrowed it down to:

They both seem like good tables, and i think i'd prefer an Automatic as i'm far from a vinyl audiophile, and i'm not very electronically gifted. I realize the Pro-Ject would sound better due to the better quality cartridge and such, but the Denon is obviously automatic, and i could always upgrade the cartridge if i chose to do so. They're both in my price range, as i want to spend no more than $400 on my table.

In addition, i realize i need a pre-amp for the Pro-Ject, but wouldn't need one for the Denon.

I wouldn't be put off with the manual operation. I have the Project Debut SE III and would definitely recommend it, or a similar project like the Debut III. The build quality is superb and it sounds great. You do have to change the belt position for 45s and set the anti-skate, which is easy anyway. It would also allow you to upgrade the preamp in the future :thumbs:

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
I have a Goldring GR1, It was my Dad's (RIP) He hardly used it, And about Xmas time my Mum gave it to me with his TEAC Amp, CD player and Tuner.
I luv the Dead Kennedys & Let Them Eat Vinyl released their albums at the end of last year in 180 grm coloured vinyls Ltd to 1000 copies each. So been picking those up with some other old 80's HC what my neighbours hate :hilarious:

hero2.jpg

I wouldn't be put off with the manual operation. I have the Project Debut SE III and would definitely recommend it, or a similar project like the Debut III. The build quality is superb and it sounds great. You do have to change the belt position for 45s and set the anti-skate, which is easy anyway. It would also allow you to upgrade the preamp in the future :thumbs:

I didn't let it being manual turn me away. The more i read about the two players, the more i wanted the Pro-Ject. I ended up ordering the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon in blue, and some other stuff, yesterday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080EKFGC/?tag=hidefnin-20
61-1TjE1CzL._SL1500_.jpg

12 Months same as cash from Amazon for my order, i had to upgrade my player to the one i really wanted all along.

Last edited: