Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 200 or more

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
What did you buy last & post pics of collection!

Attachments

• vinyl-record.jpg
    vinyl-record.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,706
Last edited:
Sorry for the bad pic. The only thing I was able to score from RSD, that I actually wanted. Really wish I could've found either the Cake Vinyl Set, or Man Man - Man In A Blue Turban With A Face.:

1017759_10152163069874398_665413579844941012_n.jpg

Reactions: Ace7523 and spass
I didn't let it being manual turn me away. The more i read about the two players, the more i wanted the Pro-Ject. I ended up ordering the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon in blue, and some other stuff, yesterday.

I've never seen a Project in blue but that is nice :thumbs: I've always thought there's much less things that can go wrong with a manual table too. No electronics or auto return and stuff like that to worry about failing on you !

I've never seen a Project in blue but that is nice :thumbs: I've always thought there's much less things that can go wrong with a manual table too. No electronics or auto return and stuff like that to worry about failing on you !

Thanks,. Yeah, they make blue, black, green, red, white, silver, and yellow. Maybe others that i haven't seen yet as well.

I currently have a Denon DP 60L and a Micro Seiki DDX-1000.

The Denon I purchased while trying to find some replacement feet for the very old and cracked rubber feet on the Micro Seiki that had lost all air. And as I was tracking down replacement parts, decided to completely go through and service it completely.

denondp60l.jpg

It has a auto-lift tone arm which means that it only auto function is to pick up at the end of the record.

The Micro Seiki is a variable speed direct drive platter. The design allows for mounting three tone arms at the same time. This is a rock solid turntable that is 100% manual operation. It's only drawbacks are that it is somewhat sensitive to vibrations and it has no dust cover. I have a Grace 747 tonearm that I use on the Micro Seiki.

micro_seiki_ddx1000_3_arms.jpg

I have a Shure V-15 MK5 cartridge that I use on which ever turntable that I have in service at the time.

I still have a few Mobile Fidelity records that I purchased 'back when' and still frequent used record stores for vinyl that I wish that I had never sold.

My biggest tip for people that wish to show off what vinyl can do, find a copy of Alan Parsons Project 'Tales and Mystery and Imagination of Edgar Allan Poe' and compare it to the CD version. If you have front speakers of any caliber, you will hear the sound stage that vinyl can produce.

I forgot all about this thread, so here's my latest vinyl pick-ups...

Arctic Monkeys - AM
1.jpg

M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
2.jpg

Band of Skulls - Baby Darling Doll Face Honey
3.jpg

Band of Skulls - Himalayan (Signed)
4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the albums that i bought are from the 1970's/80's pressings.

Original Maiden pressings are worth a fair bit, Metallica first pressings here in Europe even mint are worth very little. You can still pick up sealed first pressings of Metallica albums for around £15 each at record fairs. Still worth more than you paid for the lot though lol.

Original Maiden pressings are worth a fair bit, Metallica first pressings here in Europe even mint are worth very little. You can still pick up sealed first pressings of Metallica albums for around £15 each at record fairs. Still worth more than you paid for the lot though lol.

Considering i got 51 records in all, it was less than $1.00 per record.

Reactions: psychoscot
10247376_10152186100129398_6979352334760999044_n.jpg

Some new and used vinyl I got in the mail the past week: QOTSA - ... Like Clockwork (Deluxe) , Man Man - Man In A Blue Turban.., Man Man - On Oni Pond, RATM - S/T, Helmet - Meantime, Helmet - Betty, Crosses - S/T (Charcoal Colored)

Now i just need to start getting rid of some of my many steelbooks.

Reactions: Ace7523 and spass