Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 200 or more

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
What did you buy last & post pics of collection!

Attachments

• vinyl-record.jpg
    vinyl-record.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,706
Last edited:
Around 430 at the moment. Though I got a huge urge to start buying heavily since upgrading my turntable a couple of months back.

I just got back into the game last year.
Used to have roughly 1200 but they got stolen in a break in 10 years ago.
Stuck to CDs after that, was just to pi**ed off to start all over again.
Didn't get a new record player until last year, I guess Mondo is one of the reasons I got finally back to records.
Have over 50 again and more on the way.

I currently own 3, but basically only use one.

I still have the firs record player I bought in 2006, got it for around $15:

l_a55_558982.jpg

JVC L-A55

Got this one in October 2008, currently not in use and will end up in the HT room once it's finished:

dsc07449.jpg

dsc07451.jpg

Pro-Ject Debut III Esprit

Now I do all my listening on this one, got it in March of this year:

img2230.jpg

img2231.jpg

img2233.jpg

Clearaudio Solution Acryl

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Got this today!
This was a RSD release and remastered this year.

Mad Season's iconic album Above. Mad Season was a Seattle supergroup with members from Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam & Screaming Trees.

Sorry for crap pictures:
o6gc.jpg

tb8i.jpg

arjo.jpg

Probably one of the greatest songs ever made! Enjoy:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirtyoak and eynon
Therion's Les Sucettes 5" transparent vinyl single, limited to 100 copies. And Therion's Les Fleurs du Mal cassette tape (yeah, that one), limited to 50 copies. Signed and dedicated.

Reactions: spass
Could you give me some brands turntable good quality not too expensive please ? :D

I was told the crossley brand but I have a doubt about their performance...

Wow, whatever you do, stay away from a crosley. They're absolutely horrible machines that will ruin your records and give you no listening pleasure whatsoever.

I don't think it's allowed to link to another message board here, so I'll just copy a "buyer's guide" list I made on the Vinyl Collective forum:

Buying a turntable

First rule: Don’t be cheap.
If you’re just getting into the hobby and would like to experience at least the minimum it has to offer, do yourself a favor and invest enough to get going without the constant presence of a headache. Sure, any supermarket pile of plastic abomination will “technically” do the job (the record will spin and some sound will come out of it), but if you don’t like music enough to want to hear at least a rough approximation of what the artist intended, then why even bother?

Stay away from Crosley
Stay away from Ion
Stay away from Stanton
Stay away from Audio Technica (at least the LP60 model)
Stay away from anything that looks like a Crosley, Ion, Stanton, Numark, AT LP60 or a combination of any of the above. A “USB” in the name is usually also a big giveaway, though Pro-Ject does make such a model, for some reason.

The entry level turntables worth considering are mentioned in this thread, but I’ll repeat them.

Pro-Ject Essential ($300)
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon ($400)
Rega RP1 ($450)
Music Hall MMF-2.2 ($450)
U-Turn Orbit (if it proves to be a worthwhile contender)

Many might not consider them “budget” options, but it is a worthwhile investment even for those that might end up deciding it’s not for them and will abandon the hobby altogether. The resale value is high enough to make these THE cost-efficient choice.

If you really, really cannot afford any of the above, the following aren't the worst choices you can make:

Audio Technica AT LP120 ($200)
Music Hall USB-1 ($250)
Numark TTUSB ($100)

Vintage vs. New

While it’s true that one can get far better sound for far less pennies spent with the right vintage choice, it is an educated man’s market. You might get lucky. The table in question might have been cared for properly, it might be one of those models that can stand the test of time, and the seller might have zero idea what it’s actually worth. A lot of might’s though. If you don’t mind a $20 gamble, by all means, go for it. But to really make the best of such a purchase, the buyer has to posses enough knowledge to determine value, quality and condition of the equipment. It can be fun, it can be tiresome, and it can be rewarding. Not my first suggestion for a newcomer though.

Buying a used newer model can be a two-sided blade as well. The turntable is a “delicate instrument”. If not used properly and with care, a lot of things can go wrong in a short period of time. An in depth conversation with the seller is crucial to determine, or rather, guess the table’s history.

Buying a new table is always the safest bet, but it comes with a heftier price tag.

For buying something under $100 however, at least in my opinion it's better to lose $20 with a vintage table that doesn't work than losing $100 for a cheap new table that, in all honesty, doesn't really work.

All tables listed below include a cartridge.

<$250
Numark TTUSB ($100)
Audio-Technica AT-LP120 ($200)
Stanton T92 ($200)
A used table from the <$400 category
A vintage thrift store record player (from $10 on), with pros and cons briefly explained above

<$400
Pro-Ject Debut III ($300) - still available at some places for this price
Pro-Ject Essential ($300)
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon ($400)
Denon DP300F ($320) - inferior in quality to those above, but includes a built-in phono preamp

<$700
Rega RP1 ($445)
Music Hall MMF-2.2 ($450)
Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 ($500)
Pro-Ject Xpression III ($700)

Reactions: TobinFrost