Pirates of the Caribbean 1-5 Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: April 7, 2023
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €79.99

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg
Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: apsmith21
Is the French titles only on the box set case or as well on the Steelbooks?
TBC. If they're WWA steels, likely English titles. If the UK aren't getting them, may be French. Knowing disney, likely there won't be titles on the front anyway, it'd only be the spines to consider.

I hope someone Manta picks up Pirates of the carribean and they make a big motherbox for it with key and everything.
Would be their biggest release ever

cfbb970f05bd54d432dba733c5d4052b.jpg

Reactions: Mararagan
Pleasantly surprised these have the theatrical art and titles, even if the first 3 have the same art I already have from zavvi..

It's basically the same art as the digipacks in the Japanese 4k set, even the boring backs are the same lol Also looks to be English titles to me, but hard to make out at that low res.

They won't be embossed, but hopefully some gloss/spot gloss. Either way, very hard to argue at less than £15 a steel shipped. Uncharacteristically cheap for disney, suspiciously so..

8AC0190B-CB84-4375-B399-5A486A3137F0.jpeg

As far as i can tell from the pics shared, they'll all have the same rear artwork which sucks big time imo. And it will probably have matte finish with no debossing or embossing effect.
Unless there's new info or more to it, it's an easy pass for me and very happy with the original releases (that art on the COTBP is quite something)

Reactions: Billy Talent
If these were offered as separate releases. T first one was great and the 2nd one was good but after suffering through the 3rd one I was done
The 3rd was messy, but it did atleast round the trilogy well and provided a satisfying ending. Many trilogies can't say the same.

Aside from it having lost 2 of it's central characters, I think the 4th is better than the 3rd in a few ways. The 5th is ruined for me by jonny's complete inability to play jack sparrow though.

His portrayal is so goofy, with none of his sparrow swagger. It's like he couldn't decide if he was playing the mad hatter or the pirate. If anything I'd argue the hatter has been less goofy...

Does Fnac limit copies that can be ordered per account, not just per order? I preordered 2 of these, and it doesn't allow me to buy it a third time even in a new order.