Pirates of the Caribbean 1-5 Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FNAC Exclusive) [France]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: April 7, 2023
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €79.99

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg
Coffret-Pirates-des-Caraibes-1-a-5-Exclusivite-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: apsmith21
I'd only buy this set and probably will since it's cheapest - cause of 4th and 5th one, since i wanna have complete collection of POTC. Other than that i wouldn't buy this set at all.

I'd only buy this set and probably will since it's cheapest - cause of 4th and 5th one, since i wanna have complete collection of POTC. Other than that i wouldn't buy this set at all.
To be fair they're already very good value, especially for disney. These just cost me £14GBP each for a 4K steel, with poster art on. That's zavvi bargain bin cheap as it is.

Still not decided what I'll do with them.. probably watch all the 4Ks first and see the steels in hand, then decide. Likely I'll sell 1-3 though, in favour of my original zavvi steels.

Kinda looks like foam inserts, but hard to tell. English titles on the steels (as expected) at least though, so that's comforting.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Thank god there's somekind of foam in between. Without that barrier this steels would be scratching heaven. Especially if they're glossy. However they won't top first three otiginal Zavvi steels in no way.

Reactions: eLviS1987
So that's a no to embossed (not surprised), I can't tell if they're glossy from those pictures or not though. I'm going to go for possibly not, maybe some spot gloss.

Looks like Disney put as much effort into the back artwork as usual after seeing some pics on Ebay. Guess it was expected.

Poor artwork, as was also the back artwork of the Zavvi steelbooks. It seems the Pirates of the Caribbean steelbooks are under the curse of the lazy back artwork.

These steelbooks could have been a hit with embossing + debossing + spot gloss + good back artwork.And with new 4K scan for PotC 1 to 3. A big miss. The only good points are front artwork and a cool price.

Reactions: Boilersteel
Mine arrived this morning. They're not actually that bad at all. They're probably zero finish, rather than matte, by the looks of it. Good colours and sharp images though.. I might even go as far as saying better colours and image quality than the original zavvi trilogy, putting the spot gloss and embossing to one side.

Think I'll watch the 4Ks of 1-3 first, then decide what to sell off.