Pitch Black (4K + Blu-ray Ultimate Limited Editions) (Turbine) [Germany]

Apr 21, 2012
GER
Release date: May 13, 2022
Purchase links: Turbine Edition A - Edition B
Price: €55.55
Notes: 3 Discs (1 4K UHD + 2 Blu-ray) (2 Variants) Edition A limited to 2222 and Edition B limited to 1111

9485966mockupFSK.jpg 9485967mockupFSK.jpg

Audio: German Dolby Atmos, English Dolby Atmos, German DTS 2.0, English DTS 2.0
Image: 2.35:1 (2160p24) 4K Ultra-HD with HDR / Dolby Vision, 2.35:1 (1080p24 Full HD)
Subtitles: German, English
Runtime: 112 Minuten

Bonus:
- Trailers (HD - D & 2xUS)
- Sequel Trailers (US, UK & 2 x D)
- Audio Commentaries (optional subtitles in German & English) with Vin Diesel, Cole Hauser & David Twohy and David Twohy, Tom Engelman & Peter Chiang.
+ Bonus-Disc: New, mostly world-exclusive interviews (HD, ca. 2,5 Stunden):
- David Twohy (Director, ca. 24 Min.),
- Keith David (Imam, ca. 27 Min.),
- David Eggby (DoP, ca. 15 Min.),
- Peter Chiang (F/X, ca. 28 Min.)
- Ken Wheat (Story Writer, ca. 15 Min.),
- John Cox (Monster Animation, ca. 19 Min.),
- Brian Murray (Storyboards, ca. 26 Min.),
- David Melvin (TV-Prequel Director, ca. 15 Min.).

+ The Bridge to THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK (SD, ca. 80 Min.):
- RIDDICK: DARK FURY - The Animation (ca. 35 Min.),
- Pre-Animation (ca. 33 Min.),
- The Creator - Peter Chung (ca. 5 Min.),
- INTO THE LIGHT (ca. 5 Min.),
- Constructing the Plot (ca. 2 Min.).

+ Universal Archives (SD, over 2 hours):
- Director's introduction (ca. 2 Min.),

- INTO PITCH BLACK - TV-Prequel (ca. 45 Min.),
- Storyboard Comparison (ca. 4 Min.).
- SLAM CITY - Animated Internet Clip (ca. 8 Min.),
- Behind the Scenes I + II (ca. 18 + 12 Min.),
- Making of I + II (ca. 9 Min.),
- Johns' Bounty Log (ca. 7 Min.),
- Visual Encyclopedia (ca. 2 Min.),
- Computer Game Promotion (ca. 2 Min.),
- Promotion Parties (ca. 21 Min.).

Bonus with optional English & German subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture comparison: Turbine (BD) vs Arrow (BD)

@TheHutt
That website not the best especically if you using a mobile device

It only works on a desktop web browser
Those using a PC or Laptop
You need move your mouse to see the difference

There is very little difference in the image between Arrow and Turbine release

I would in general advise never go by comparison websites that just show still image screenshot grap to make a decision on a purchase
The only correct way to do a comparison between releases is by actually watching in motion the actual video content of each releases and not by looking at still image of a screenshot grab

@TheHutt
There is very little difference in the image between Arrow and Turbine release
Yeah, there is little difference (as Turbine is using Arrow's scan), but Turbine has a better compression and less filtering nevertheless, at least on the BluRay.

Here a German review (where you can slide back and forth, though it's probably also just optimized for desktops).

Yeah, there is little difference (as Turbine is using Arrow's scan), but Turbine has a better compression and less filtering nevertheless, at least on the BluRay.

Here a German review (where you can slide back and forth, though it's probably also just optimized for desktops).
This one works on Android, thank you.

New BD definitely better, don't know if UHD will look too dark again. Definitely need to unpack the new OLED telly, things should look better on it, though I'm not a fan of inherent to HDR brightness spike of any screen. Opening a menu at night hurts my eyes during HDRed video, because poor screen is maxed out.

Got order delivered today via DHL.
Content is great. Love package. Gotta watch it to see how much better is this mix with Atmos.

Mine was shipped Tuesday to the UK, but tracking on DHL doesn't show anything.

In beginning i got 20 digit tracking number - was watching tracking via parcelapp. Then later, after a day i think, i saw on app another tracking number - 10 digit one. Try to look that one.

I just have a 13 digit DHL tracking number. A message in German has appeared today and translated it says:
The shipment was handed over on May 13, 2022 in the international logistics center for onward transport to Great Britain. The postal company in the destination country also provides further information on its own website.

I ordered 29 April so they must be running late, I just need to sit tight and wait for it to turn up next week.

T
I just have a 13 digit DHL tracking number. A message in German has appeared today and translated it says:
The shipment was handed over on May 13, 2022 in the international logistics center for onward transport to Great Britain. The postal company in the destination country also provides further information on its own website.

I ordered 29 April so they must be running late, I just need to sit tight and wait for it to turn up next week.

If you track it via parcelapp android app you will see secondary tracking number as soon as app update it. Mine i believe it appeared when item was in country of origin exporting centre.
And tracking is a bit more detailed than with primary one i was given.

Screenshot_20220514-191300_Parcels.jpgScreenshot_20220514-191634_Parcels.jpg

T

If you track it via parcelapp android app you will see secondary tracking number as soon as app update it. Mine i believe it appeared when item was in country of origin exporting centre.
And tracking is a bit more detailed than with primary one i was given.

View attachment 532797View attachment 532799
Very detailed tracking that app. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the parcelapp to work on my android phone, doesn't open or do anything after multiple uninstalls. So I've used our local RM in UK app which just says it's still in Germany.
I've used 17track for years but this was the first time it didn't even recognize the tracking number.
I'll give it a week and see what happens. I might just order option A as a back up (ordered option B) in case this one doesn't turn up.