Plain Archive - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Korea]

Please discuss shipping, customer service, availability etc about this retailer here.

Plain Archive.png

FAQ:

Q) What is their website address?
A) http://plainarchive.com/

Q) Where in the world are they located?
A) South Korea

Q) I don't speak Korean, how can I place an order?
A) They provide an English language version of their website.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, they ship internationally.

Q) Returns/Exchange policy?
A) http://plainarchive.com/pages/refund-policy

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A sturdy cardboard box with 2 layers of bubble wrap around the item.

Q) Do they declare a low custom value to prevent a customs fee in my country?
A) They do not officially offer this service, this is due to legal reasons. They do however state they will keep value down the best they can. See for more details: http://plainarchive.com/pages/on-import-duties-taxes

Last edited:
At the flea market in my city , I have never seen a sales stand like that::(

10491143_662730947204724_4184728551332694906_n.jpg

11133877_662730963871389_445015384909746888_n.jpg

Prices look like they're in Won, but what bargain prices! Which city, flea market is this? I'm visiting Seoul and Busan this summer. Gonna try my luck at getting ones I missed.

Prices look like they're in Won, but what bargain prices! Which city, flea market is this? I'm visiting Seoul and Busan this summer. Gonna try my luck at getting ones I missed.

I don't know. The pics are from their facebook page. (and the text is written in korean letters)

This is how my package was delivered 2 days ago

IMG_0923.jpg

The hit was on the poster's side and quite frankly the whole thing could have been packed better:

Although there was lots of bubble wrap around the steels, there was too much room for them to float around inside the box which is understandably quite big to make room for the poster.

Extra padding with bubble wrap inside to prevent floating would have been appreciated. Furthermore, I'm not a fan of how they just wrap the steels around but leave the areas where one can see the top and bottom of the steels quite exposed. A disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Quite lucky that the steels were unharmed.

IMG_0938.jpg

The hit was on the poster's side and quite frankly the whole thing could have been packed better:

Although there was lots of bubble wrap around the steels, there was too much room for them to float around inside the box which is understandably quite big to make room for the poster.

Extra padding with bubble wrap inside to prevent floating would have been appreciated. Furthermore, I'm not a fan of how they just wrap the steels around but leave the areas where one can see the top and bottom of the steels quite exposed. A disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Stop that! I just got a small heartattack looking at the first photo ;-)

Glad everything is in pristine condition, enjoy!

Reactions: IRON MAN

That image makes me feel ill. The notice on the side clearly worked well! Thank goodness your steels are safe and escaped that train wreck packaging mess. Send them an email to let them know, fail that I'll drop them a message if you want me too :)

Cheers

Ed

Here's the response to the issue you had:

Dear Edward,

Obviously this is a serious issue for us. We clearly didn’t include enough bubble wrap inside, which eventually resulted in the poor condition of the box.

Could you please let the user in question know that we’ll be paying extra attention to the packaging process in the future?

Thank you.

Best regards,

HJ
Communications Manager
PLAIN ARCHIVE

Who was responsible for delivering it like that? Royal Mail?

If so you should defintely send them photos and complain vociferously. Their PR department are very sympathetic in my experience

@harry I just registered/opened an account on PA website, but only info I could enter was my address... there is no section to add ourr method of payment when a pre-order comes how does it work...is my address within the website enough info to go for a release going live ?

@harry I just registered/opened an account on PA website, but only info I could enter was my address... there is no section to add ourr method of payment when a pre-order comes how does it work...is my address within the website enough info to go for a release going live ?

That's enough. When a pre-order goes live you just choose PP. I think it's the only option in fact, but you can choose to pay with a credit card but it has to go through PP. :)

Reactions: harry