Release date: April 25th, 2016
Purchase link: Planet Earth (live)
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Many will consider Zavvi "fair game" and that it's perfectly fine to hold them to an obvious error that they made in their original listing (listing PLANET EARTH: THE FUTURE as part of this steelbook set).
Congrats to anyone for winning a disc that was NEVER, I repeat never, part of the U.K. Blu-ray set and neither was it included in the 2007 release 5 BD Standard Edition nor was it included in the 2010 digipack release 5 BDs + 1 DVD Special Edition.
Furthermore, the DVD pictured above is clearly stamped "DISC 5" . . . and is from the DVD collection and so the DVD - or DISC 6 - included in the Special Edition BD set was NOT, I repeat not, PLANET EARTH: THE FUTURE.

The system of freebies is not uncommon and if anyone is interested in reading about the PQ problems associated with the earliest batches of the Special Edition 2010 set, the replacement programme for the 2 faulty discs and the complementary copies of Sir David's FIRST LIFE (a documentary on the origins of life on Earth) sent out to unhappy customers they can check out the relevant thread on BD.com.

Last edited:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5491994
2 out of 6 episodes already aired on BBC. Amazing 10/10 after 2900 votes on imdb.

Last weeks episode with the iguanas and snakes was one of the scariest things I've seen the BBC film. It was like a horror movie with all the snakes coming out of knowhere

I love that because of filming these shows they have found out new amazing info on animals and nature that we might not of know for another 5/10/20/30 years. Crazy and easily the best thing the BBC are good at. Always have faith in the BBC, Attenborough and nature.
The polar bear stalking seals and the giant polar bear living on a cliff side was the highlight for me on the hunt. Wild dogs were awesome too and the flying fish. Man I could go on.
Need to pick up the hunt at some point

I would get this steel if knew a 2nd series was coming out and it possibly will. But i also already have Blu Ray box set of this and life

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Currently working my way through the first series on Netflix and loving every minute of it! Can't wait to check out the new series... I saw the Iguana clip which was pretty mental. Can't believe I used to find these nature documentaries boring... I guess our tastes really do change with age.

anyone know if Planet Earth 2 is on the cards for a steelbook? Loving it at the moment, don't want to double-dip on it though if a steel comes out a few month after Christmas

Season 2 would be worth it even if it was just for that Iguana vs Snakes segment; like a nature horror movie. Glad I snagged the first series at such an amazing price. I didn't even bother checking if it was region free or not. I just wanted the Steel.