Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Shout Factory) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 16 June 11 November 12, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Lonely Island | Shout Factory | Walmart
Price: $29.97(Amazon & Shout Factory) | $22.12(Barnes & Noble) | $29.99(The Lonely Island) | $27.73(Walmart)
Notes: Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get a LIMITED EDITION 28.5" X 16.5" ROLLED LITHOGRAPH featuring our brand new artwork, available while supplies last!
1565891493171.png

1565891513486.png

1548165005255.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey did yours come with a poster? Mine did. Even if people don’t like the artwork The colors really pop with the brushed gloss mixed in with the regular gloss.
I ordered mine through Amazon so no poster. That was exclusive if you bought from Arrow and The Lonely Island I believe.

So I bought this from amazon, shipped to the UK for £24, which I was pretty happy with. It shockingly arrived mint, having made it across the Atlantic in a basic padded envelope :scat:

The disc won't work however, but not in the way I'd expected. Usually with region A locked blu-rays I'd have a pop up on my region B player saying it was incompatible. This one just gave me a black screen from the get go..

Anyone experienced this before with region locked discs? Possible the disc is just knackered and authored wrong?

Cheers

So I bought this from amazon, shipped to the UK for £24, which I was pretty happy with. It shockingly arrived mint, having made it across the Atlantic in a basic padded envelope :scat:

The disc won't work however, but not in the way I'd expected. Usually with region A locked blu-rays I'd have a pop up on my region B player saying it was incompatible. This one just gave me a black screen from the get go..

Anyone experienced this before with region locked discs? Possible the disc is just knackered and authored wrong?

Cheers
It's definitely locked. I bought this one too.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: samdavies
5 pound region free disc

the USA disc looks locked to A if the back cover is any indication.
dunno if that's a Universal Studios thing or not
Cheers bud. Yeah i know it was supposed to be locked, scream/shout/arrow are buggers for it regardless of it being a universal title and the amaray being region free (n)

It was just such strange behaviour for a locked disc, to just immediately go to black screen like that. Every other region locked disc I've come across has loaded a bit then popped up with a 'this disc is not for your region' message.

It's definitely locked. I bought this one too.
Does yours pop up with a message at all saying it's region locked? Every other locked disc I've come across does, whereas this one just goes immediately to a black screen and stays there! Tested it on 3 different bluray players, same result.

is the message screen the same for all of your region locked discs, to suggest it may be generated by your player

or different from disc to disc, suggesting that this disc was not authored to include such a message in cases like yours

is the message screen the same for all of your region locked discs, to suggest it may be generated by your player

or different from disc to disc, suggesting that this disc was not authored to include such a message in cases like yours
From memory i think it varies, between sony snd lionsgate etc... for example. I did assume it was locked and you're probably right, likely it wasn't authored to include a message.