Slipbox Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Possible Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

sminister

Premium Supporter
Apr 17, 2013
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: PA announced on twitter it will be released on Blu-ray

46A2534D-49A5-4630-92B1-C106AE403D87.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
i got this one Taiwan edition that came with art cards. I need to pop it in and check the quality though, now that i'm dealing with multiple potential copies. Criterion is a must for me, so do I add this upcoming one as a 3rd?!

thanks for the info. I’m going to try and collect unique editions for this as well. I have the French version and the disc is great.

What the... I have to get this and sell my criterion o_o
Edit: ohhh it's just the screenplay in a slipbox i think, and its already sold out :rofl: plain archive has made weird decisions for a few years now. They release some great films on dvd but not on blu ray for some reason etc etc. I've written them and asked if they'd release The Light Between Oceans on blu ray and they said they have other releases to do instead, then why do it on dvd in the first place...

Last edited:
Reactions: moviewizguy
What the... I have to get this and sell my criterion o_o
Edit: ohhh it's just the screenplay in a slipbox i think, and its already sold out :rofl: plain archive has made weird decisions for a few years now. They release some great films on dvd but not on blu ray for some reason etc etc. I've written them and asked if they'd release The Light Between Oceans on blu ray and they said they have other releases to do instead, then why do it on dvd in the first place...
the probable reason is the market there is still bigger on DVD than Blu-ray. I know it's senseless and frustrating especially for people who appreciate pic quality, given that DVDs and DVD Players are not much cheaper than Blu-ray and BDP nowadays. But the general mass of people just want watch a movie and are content to just watch it on the cheapest medium they can get hold of, be it free online, digital download, streaming, DVD or even VCD!

Reactions: moviewizguy
the probable reason is the market there is still bigger on DVD than Blu-ray.
The probable reason is most likely due to licensing issues.

@eLviS1987
Can't Plain Archive collaborate with CJ Entertainment or some other publisher again, like they did with "The Handmaiden"? Do you who owns the rights in S. Korea? Why does it seem to be some complicated for PA to release things lately?

I do not know what is going on with Plain Archive. There is almost zero communication on Facebook, Instagram etc. with international customers. They have focused more on the Korean market. They are producing more postcards, posters and screenplays than blu-ray releases.

Thats a real shame because they were probably The Best in the Premium game..

Reactions: tristar6 and 1990ge
I do not know what is going on with Plain Archive. There is almost zero communication on Facebook, Instagram etc. with international customers. They have focused more on the Korean market. They are producing more postcards, posters and screenplays than blu-ray releases.

In their Instagram post below, they mention this as well (rough Google translation): "Plane Archive, which has been participating for 7 years since this year, is trying to transform itself into a movie book publisher, moving away from the focus of Blu-ray and DVD so far..."

I can’t imagine the market for movie books is larger than for blurays. This **** doesn’t make sense.

To be fair though, they had quite a few releases recently that were quite half-a**** so it doesn't surprise me