Predator (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #17) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: October 4, 2018
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 899 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc 2D/3D (1 Disc) - 2D/3D/4K (2 Discs)

received_2297954333554441.jpeg

74B8DEF3-D87B-4738-9B3F-49681C890113.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This Black Barons release does not come with a 4K disc. It is optional, for 399CZK extra.
That's normal with FAC and BB editions
UHD has been optional when only one edition with most releases

Gladiator was an exception to this it included UHD as standard

I would have purchased FAC release of Gladiator if there was an option without the 4K UHD
It was too expensive with UHD for me to purchase

It's good for those who don't want 4K UHD disc as it's cheaper option

This release is pure crappola. The steel is my vote for worst of all time. Annie looks like he’s just about to break out into signing ‘Tomorrow’ from Annie on the slip cover.

Of course I have been known to be very very wrong on many occasions.

Footnote. Predator still sits in my Top 10 Sci-Fi.

Last edited by a moderator:
This release is pure crappola. The steel is my vote for worst of all time. Annie looks like he’s just about to break out into signing ‘Tomorrow’ from Annie on the slip cover.

Of course I have been known to be very very wrong on many occasions.

Footnote. Predator still sits in my Top 10 Sci-Fi.
I own 10 Predator Hot Toys figures and 2 Arnie Hot Toys figures. They are urging me to order this edition. Who am I to say no?
As for Arnie looking like he's about to sing, one of my Arnie figures already breaks out into song from time to time. Nice baritone.

Sadly it's been confirmed that all the new versions being released have the same dire blu-ray but the new proper 4k disc. This combined with the crap steelbook artwork puts this in the avoid like the plague catagory. I was lucky to view the new 4k disc the other day and it is truly the 1st time outside the laserdisc it's looked the way it should do but oh dear the blu-ray really is dire. I think I watched 2 minutes of the blu-ray and that was it for me. This was the Zavvi release and I don't expect any country to get a decent blu-ray disc.

Sadly it's been confirmed that all the new versions being released have the same dire blu-ray but the new proper 4k disc. This combined with the crap steelbook artwork puts this in the avoid like the plague catagory. I was lucky to view the new 4k disc the other day and it is truly the 1st time outside the laserdisc it's looked the way it should do but oh dear the blu-ray really is dire. I think I watched 2 minutes of the blu-ray and that was it for me. This was the Zavvi release and I don't expect any country to get a decent blu-ray disc.
I guess I am a freak because the DNR on the Predator 2D bluray does not bother me. I like the picture quality. Send all hate mail to my ex-girlfriend.

the embossing and treatment :thumbs: i like, they slightly make up for the negatives i have on this release, and i love 'If it bleeds, we can kill it' as the slip top quote. but as there's going to be a FAC as well, down the line, i'm happy to take a chance on GB allocation. :rolleyes: :LOL: :dunno: