Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11221371-2894352161735947.JPG

11221371-4604352161803021.JPG

Last edited:
Correct they did do that.

They went to £7-£9 on sainsburys final days

Still need to find a reasonably priced howls moving castle
£7-9 Damn!!! I'd have picked them up at that price, I avoided the Ghibli wave's due to it being potentially a long drawn out effort and the risk of missing out on a title and having an incomplete collection, although I might make an exception for Spirited Away.....

Reactions: Flloydo
£7-9 Damn!!! I'd have picked them up at that price, I avoided the Ghibli wave's due to it being potentially a long drawn out effort and the risk of missing out on a title and having an incomplete collection, although I might make an exception for Spirited Away.....

Yeah I think I picked 2 of them up for £7-£9 at sainsburys and £10.99 for the other either Amazon or eBay. Can't remember now but i remember howls moving castle had just sold out when I put it in my basket on sainsburys when they dropped. I did have the chance to get it from HMV when I was working there and it was £14.99 and with my discount I could of had it for £10.49 but I completely forgot to get it on my last day and never been back to that particular store in 2 years.

Yeah I'm waiting also for spirited away and Porko Rosso. But they are mostly all great films and will happily get them all at some point

I've pre ordered both of these for now but not sure if I should wait it out.

The release dates for this and Kiki's Delivery Service are now both blank. I wonder if there's been a delay.

All of their pre orders are missing the dates. I wouldn't worry too much. Must be an accident and will prob be updated again soon

The release dates for this and Kiki's Delivery Service are now both blank. I wonder if there's been a delay.
Both have now been dispatched to me:-
KIKI on the 22/2 with estimated delivery on the 25/2
MONONOKE on the 23/2 (today) with estimated delivery on the 26/2

KIKI arrived today - love it as much as the other four from 2013 :thumbs:
Hopefully MONONOKE tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

A few snippets of (useless) trivia about this film:-
- Studio Ghibli is famous for its "no edits" policy in licencing its films abroad due to NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND being heavily edited for the film's release in the U.S. as WARRIORS OF THE WIND. The "No cuts" policy was highlighted when Miramax co-chairman, Harvey Weinstein, (who was charged with handling the U.S. release of the film) suggested editing PRINCESS MONONOKE to make it more marketable and it was rumoured that Miyazaki sent a Samurai sword (or katana) in the post to Weinstein and attached to the blade was the stark message "no cuts". Miyazaki denied this and reportedly said with a laugh "Actually, my producer did that".
- First Miyazaki feature to use computer graphics.
- First SG film to use digital colouring.
- First animated feature in Japan's history to gross more than 10 Billion Yen (11.3 billion) at the box office with a domestic total of almost 15 billion yen and was 1997's highest grossing film in Japan until "Titanic" was released latest that year.
- Miyazaki preferred the title THE STORY/LEGEND OF ASHITAKA for this feature but the producer, Toshio Suzuki, favoured PRINCESS MONONOKE.
- First animated film ever to win a National Academy Award for Best Picture of the Year.

EDIT 26/2: MONONOKE arrived yesterday and printed on the j-card is the blurb "the Star Wars of animated features".

A quick pic of the SG released SBs in the U.K. alongside the regular Amarays of the same films and the OCD collector will know which ones he/she prefers.

20160228_063449.jpg

Last edited:
Overall really happy with this steel, matches the existing line and great inside art.
g3MrOeH.jpg

srT4RuN.jpg

0ITMuX2.jpg

Looks good thanks for the photos,
will happily buy on a drop.

Noticed this is only 1 disc compared the last 4.
They were only DVD versions so no biggie

I only own half of these.. Ponyo, Nausicaa & Howl's
Thankfully Princess Mononoke & Kiki's are still available at Zavvi, but Totoro is impossible to find at a reasonable price.

Still waiting for a price drop on this and kiki
I'll bite at £9.99 or less

Reactions: Noodles