Premium Supporter
Jul 22, 2010
Paris - France
Purchase here

Release date : 3rd October, 2012
Note : No inside artwork

Product description at FNACL :
Contient :
- le Blu-ray du film en 3D active (lecteur + téléviseur + lunettes 3D actives nécessaires)
- le Blu-ray du film en 2D
- un Blu-ray de bonus
- le DVD et la copie digitale
Edition limitée en steelbook

image.jpg

Pictures from French website:
121002020031503279.jpg

121002020218481698.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Recycled artwork, the word dvd on a steelbook, & most likely to be G1 (because it's a french release), definitely a pass for me. Would be nice if new artwork appeared.

Not all French releases are G1. As above it's only Warner titles which are G1.

I know that it's usually Warner that put out G1 in France, but based on the pics posted so far, this one is certainly a G1 release.

prometheusu.jpg

I know that it's usually Warner that put out G1 in France, but based on the pics posted so far, this one is certainly a G1 release.

prometheusu.jpg

The French steelbook in that picture looks it's been stretched vertically especially the 'Prometheus' text, the 'o' looks slightly oval not circular like on the UK one.

I think it's just that the steelbook has been photographed at more of an angle than the UK one. If it was shot from the same angle, the text would look the same. Looking at the logos on the spine they don't appear vertically stretched.

Last edited:
I think it's just that the steelbook has been photographed at more of an angle than the UK one. If it was shot from the same angle, the text would look the same. Looking at the logos on the spine they don't appear vertically stretched.

Yeah you could be right with that, either way I'll stick with the UK one.

I think the play one looks a lot cleaner. I dont mind the banners but the text clutters this one up too much. I wish they would just say Blu-ray on there.

I don't think it's the streching of the picture. I think it's the perspective. At the comparsion between J.Edgar and Prometheus you can see that Prometheus is a little bit wider. But in fact Fox hasn't released a G1 Steelbook yet so it will be G2. Will get my copy in a couple of days. I will report if nobody else does.

Yesterday, it was in stock in store...it's G2.
i don't like, because for me, it's very poor steelbook : not embossed/debossed, exactly the same as the picture, with "Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray 2D..." banner on top.

I haven't seen the Artwork back because there was a datasheet.
I forgot to take pictures, but it isn't really interresting. :(

Thanks for the pics westyle, no inside artwork is a let down. Looks like the play version is the one to go for.

no inside artwork = complete fail job when other releases are going to have inside artwork. at least..embossed the title or something...put some real diamond inside or something LOL.