paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi- Zoom - HMV)

41qJAl+wLTL._AC_SY400_.jpg

31XYp5+dqiL._AC_SY400_.jpg 315Rcmg9HTL._AC_SY400_.jpg 41SxrLn+zbL._AC_SY400_.jpg
/SPOILER]

Last edited:
The 4K is also 2D. If it said "4K+3D," then you'd expect two discs. :)
It is standard practice in HDN release threads to indicate the inclusion of a Blu-ray HD disk with "2D" - when the release contains multiple disks.

Thus, "4K+2D" = two discs, UHD + HD.

So, arguably the greatest British director of all time with 37 films from 1935 - 1976 (and a couple of dozen before) has only had steelbooks made for 6 of his films ... a quite extraordinary situation for fans of classic films in steelbooks.

Reactions: MrSquifler
So, arguably the greatest British director of all time with 37 films from 1935 - 1976 (and a couple of dozen before) has only had steelbooks made for 6 of his films ... a quite extraordinary situation for fans of classic films in steelbooks.
Don't forget Michael Powell or David Lean.

Reactions: virkia
Arrived today from Amazon. a little underwhelming as a bit plain and streaky in finish, may upload some in hand pics later - my jcard came folded on the corner under the shrinkwrap which is unfortunate and the clear circle sticker peeled a tiny tiny bit of the print off too so something to watch out for if you're somebody who cares a lot for their jcards

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
By the way, the old UK VHS version did in fact contain this footage. Most European theatrical and/or VHS versions actually did, prior to the DVD.

This footage was included in European theatrical prints, and European TV broadcasts, but European VHS releases were always the same as the US cut version. (I bought each subsequent VHS and DVD release, each time hoping it would be uncut, and each time being disappointed.)

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment UK (UPHE UK) has identified an issue with the home entertainment releases of Psycho - 60th Anniversary Edition and The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection, that specifically impacts copies of Psycho’s Blu-rayTM and 4K UHD versions made available on September 7, 2020. The initial run of the film’s Blu-ray and 4K UHD discs produced inadvertently omitted Psycho’s original 1960 mono track as previously promoted, due to a production error. Our goal is to always deliver the best possible product to its consumers. To that end, a replacement program is being established in the UK to ensure that those who have purchased this recent release of Psycho on Blu-ray or 4K UHD receive a corrected disc.
Please continue to stay safe and once again the level of support we have been receiving over the past few months has been amazing so thank you!

To receive an updated Psycho disc please email the following information:
Your full postal address and name

A copy of your sales receipt or a photo of the disc and the packaging please send the above requested information to the email address below:
[email protected]

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment UK (UPHE UK) has identified an issue with the home entertainment releases of Psycho - 60th Anniversary Edition and The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection, that specifically impacts copies of Psycho’s Blu-rayTM and 4K UHD versions made available on September 7, 2020. The initial run of the film’s Blu-ray and 4K UHD discs produced inadvertently omitted Psycho’s original 1960 mono track as previously promoted, due to a production error. Our goal is to always deliver the best possible product to its consumers. To that end, a replacement program is being established in the UK to ensure that those who have purchased this recent release of Psycho on Blu-ray or 4K UHD receive a corrected disc.
Please continue to stay safe and once again the level of support we have been receiving over the past few months has been amazing so thank you!

To receive an updated Psycho disc please email the following information:
Your full postal address and name

A copy of your sales receipt or a photo of the disc and the packaging please send the above requested information to the email address below:
[email protected]
I did send them an email 2 months ago... haven`t heard a thing :-(

I did send them an email 2 months ago... haven`t heard a thing :-(
Check your email spam/junk folders
Notes some email providers delete spam/junk after 14 days and some after 30 days

Resend email again
[email protected]
Note Sony DADC will only consider a replacement if you purchased Psycho or hitchcock 4K collection from a UK/Ireland retailer

The last reply I had from Sony DADC was in October after I asked about any update to when discs will sent and was told
My discs will shipped to me as soon as the replacement discs are manufactured.

Sony DADC UK have not yet sent replacement discs to anyone so looks like they not made the discs yet