Psycho Legacy Collection - Deluxe Edition Blu-ray (Germany)

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Purchase Link : Amazon.de
Price : EUR 99,99
Release Date : January the 31st 2019
Notes : Includes all 4 Psycho movies, the Psycho remake (1998) and the Bates Motel Spin Off (1987). HD World Premiere of the Uncut Version of Hitchcocks Psycho (1960). This 8-Disc Set includes a Hardcover Book (120 pages, more than 12 hours of bonus material, art cards, a poster, a letter replica from the movie, an original letterhead block and a "do not disturb" door hanger from the Bates Motel.

1lyz4pqjvue01.jpg

91LlHDy0QFL._SY679_.jpg

Uncut version?. Never knew such a version was ever made?. Is that a misprint?
No there is actually an uncut version, I believe it was showed uncut in the cinema at release and since then only as a TV version in a few countries (correct me if I’m wrong, that’s how I remember it). But this cut has never been released on DVD or BD. To be fair I don’t think the uncut contains a lot more, but it is after all how Hitchcock saw the film so it’s important to get it released finally. That might just make me buy this if it isn’t released as a stand-alone.

I have never seen the sequels or the remake, are they even worth watching? This set is very nice but unsure how much quality film there is except for the original (which I have already of course).

As a film on it's own it's pretty good. If you compare it to the original it's not in the same league but then how many horror films are. But that's the point. Psycho is a grade A first of slasher movies. The sequel is a completely different type of movie. Like 2010 I find it an excellent movie on it's own merit as long as you're not comparing to the original. . Let's be honest if you want to do a sequel to an iconic movie 99.9% of the time they are awful. While Psycho 11 is no Aliens or Godfather 2, it's not a dud by any means. I would give it 7 out of 10. But the rest of the sequels, oh dear and don't even get me started on that exact remake in colour of the original.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012