Question about region free blu ray players

Apr 21, 2013
Hello folks. I just found this forum recently and decided to join. I also recently started collecting steelbooks. I have noticed that most of the steelbooks that i want to get are different regions.

Do any of you have a region free blu ray player? If so, what kind and/or what do you recommend?

If i buy a blu ray from a different country and it has a english option, lets say a French copy etc.., does the movie play in english as it does on an American version?
Or would it play with english subtitles in french language?

languages ... just depends ... most dics have english audio ... if it doesnt then yes make sure it has english subtitles. Since most movies have a hollywood equivelent they most often include english audio ... you just gotta switch to it as it may start out playing German etc.

as for region free player. There are quite a couple diff Insignia (best buy brand) blu-ray plaayers that can be had on the cheap that have a region code hack. I have two of these. One I even got on clearance for like $39

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/12773/

our region free player thread in regards to steel collectors ... might want tos tart of last page of thread and read backwards for mroe current info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome . Thanks Wreck! this is the one i found --

Toshiba Bdx1300rf Region Free DVD and Blu-ray Player

I would not recommend this one, a region free DVD player and plays region A blu rays.

Taken from amazon's listing...

Toshiba Region Free Blu-ray DVD Player. Play Any Region Standard DVD 0-8 and Region A blu-rays

This Orei is a true region free player, works great, and is a 3D player if you have that.

Slightly more expensive, but IMO worth it.