Horror-Theatrical Quiver - In select theaters May 22, 2021

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Quiver (2015)

Tagline: I hope you brought extra bug spray, cause they're gonna eat you alive.

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Trevor Zurkan[/DIRECTOR]

Writer: Kenneth Livitski (yours truly ;))

Cast: [ACTOR]Robert Beck, Lisa Marie DiGiacinto, Andrew Paulsen, Dave DelBen, Tracey Stevens Barrett, Randy Feaver[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]TBD 2016[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]90[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Rudy and Claire decide to go on a camping trip for their anniversary. Unbeknown to them, there are mutated ticks lurking in the same woods, ready to drain them dry.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

New Trailer (released Sept. 04, 2015):

First Teaser Trailer (2012):

Quiver banner.jpg

What’s up, movie fanatics?! My name’s Kenneth Livitski, but most of you around here know me by my alias of ‘Tridon’. I’m opening this thread today to help spread the word about something that’s very near and dear to my heart to an audience that I know will appreciate it.

The something that I’m talking about is QUIVER, an independent horror film that was shot in the city and surrounding areas of my hometown, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. My role on QUIVER, and the reason why I’m here talking to you about it, is that of screenwriter and producer. Since this film was my brainchild, I want to spread the word to show how proud I am of it.

QUIVER completed shooting last fall and as of right now, it’s currently in its post-production stage. The film follows a couple who, after receiving the co-ordinates to an isolated camping destination, decide to go on a hiking trip to rekindle their relationship and celebrate their anniversary. Once they arrive, though, they soon realize that this area isn’t as isolated as they once thought and that something unexplainable awaits them.

The film was directed and produced by Still Frame Entertainment owner Trevor Zurkan and features a stellar cast that includes Robert Beck, Lisa Marie DiGiacinto, Andrew Paulsen, Dave DelBen, Tracey Stevens, Randy Feaver and more. Another thing about QUIVER is that it lives up to being considered a real independent picture.

This film was 100% funded by both Trevor and I. Since this is the case, I've gone ahead and opened a fundraising campaign for the film at IndieGoGo. All funds raised will go towards helping us finish post-production and to stay on schedule for our summer 2012 release date. If you donate, you can receive a cool perk, all of which is explained on the campaign page. If you’d be interested in donating and helping out, please check out the campaign and watch the video that's included on its page.

If you’re interested in learning more about the film, feel free to check it out on Facebook, IMDb, the Still Frame Entertainment Web site or at my own personal Tumblr Blog. Even if you can't donate towards the film, we still very much appreciate the following and support. Now, before I end this message, allow me to leave you with the link to the official trailer of QUIVER. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• quiver poster_v2.png
    quiver poster_v2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 446
Last edited:
So the newest trailer was pulled today, but it was replaced by one with a remastered audio track. The sound design has been a bit of a pain in the ass, but it's finally been corrected. Here's the trailer again, but with way better audio. Enjoy! :)

So the newest trailer was pulled today, but it was replaced by one with a remastered audio track. The sound design has been a bit of a pain in the ass, but it's finally been corrected. Here's the trailer again, but with way better audio. Enjoy! :)

Very cool!
So this will be HDN Black Label Exclusive #2 ?

Received a very cool surprise today... we had our first website cover Quiver!

We Are Indie Horror is a cool little site that covers anything and everything independent horror and not only did they throw the new Quiver trailer up on their site today, but they also wrote the following piece:

Camping is always a good time for friends to get out in nature, get to know each other better, and apparently have your blood drained by giant ticks. The new trailer for Quiver will make you re-think your next camping trip. Director Trevor Zurkan taps into a childhood fear of getting ticks in the woods and having them suck out all your blood only these ticks are giant.

Zurkan’s directorial debut looks to be great B-Movie monster fun will most likely scare us and make us never go camping again. Despite the fact this is Zurkan’s first stab at directing, he is not a stranger to film with a background in acting. And in the true independent spirit Zurkan wears many hats in the creation of this project with job titles as Special Effects Coordinator, Actor, Editor, Producer, and Director. If there is one take away from this trailer, if you like it or not, it is important to understand that these independent filmmakers went out and made something, and Zurkan created a film that will likely be a lot of fun.

If you browse through Quiver‘s Facebook, it documents the interesting and troubling journey independent filmmakers are used to. From missing deadlines to hard drive failures to budget issues they persevered and came out with a final product in which they are so excited to show the world.

The official synopsis for Quiver is as follows:

"Rudy and Claire decide to go on a camping trip for their anniversary. Unbeknownst to them, there are mutated ticks lurking in the same woods, ready to drain them dry."

The film stars Robert Beck, Lisa Marie DiGiacinto, Andrew Paulsen, Dave DelBen, Tracey Stevens, and much more.

Still-Frame Entertainment has Quiver slated for an October 30, 2015 release in Canada but stay tuned to their website for more information and updates on their latest release. Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think.

Received a very cool surprise today... we had our first website cover Quiver!

We Are Indie Horror is a cool little site that covers anything and everything independent horror and not only did they throw the new Quiver trailer up on their site today, but they also wrote the following piece:
@tridon That's AWESOME! :thumbs: Congrats Ken! :notworthy: :cool:

I had no idea there was a FB page for the film! :) https://www.facebook.com/Quiverfilm

And look at this EPIC pic I just found! :OMG: :oohyeah: :woot: :rofl: Those colors looks great on you! :D
guys behind quiver.jpg

An update from the director on the Quiver Facebook page...

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

So it's been a while since we updated you. As you can see we have surpassed the deadline I wanted. End of October completion of VFX with a sound mix, colour correction, and score finished by the end of November to mid December, with a Thunder Bay release of Spring. (The trailer's "This Year" was meant for festivals.)

The release in Thunder Bay is still on time for Spring. I have a tentative March 18th date planned. (Wanted a 25th date but unfortunately Good Friday falls on that day, oh the irony)

So a quick with the bad, I have had a few VFX employees move onto other projects and had to replace them, unfortunately replacement means/retraining and rein-forming the new employee about codecs, file formats, workflow etc. So that takes up days. Other bad news, sickness... YAY! (Can't you hear the sarcasm) a couple have been sick and unable to keep up with the heavy workflow, but these guys are amazing and are trooping through it still. To those who left, I wish em the best, to those who are sick, I hope they get better and rid themselves of this terrible flu going around as of late.

And believe it or not, that is the worst news I have. Otherwise everything is flowing along nicely, shots are looking better and better everyday, and I am hoping that after the last month of delays we will be back on track to finish all the VFX by Xmas. (That will be a very merry Xmas for Ken and myself, if that works out) Then a score, sound mix and colour correction in the new year and voila! Film is still on time for spring!

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great Hallowe'en! And all is well! I will be updating my site with the new employee information, as well as a new episode of Ken and my podcast called SFEDcast on Saturday. We talk about Quiver, we talk about the new War For the Planet of the Apes film I am working on (and I'm sorry to disappoint but there is absolutely NO spoilers about the film) and we talk about some great films we've watched this year plus much more. I am hoping to get around to making an RSS feed for everyone, so that way you can subscribe, plus it will be available on iTunes and now that Ken is in town here, we'll be doing it a lot more regularly. So that means a LOT more updates with Quiver, with new projects and with everything else!

So stay warm, stay healthy, stay happy and have a fantastic Thursday!

Trevor

An update from the director on the Quiver Facebook page...

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

So it's been a while since we updated you. As you can see we have surpassed the deadline I wanted. End of October completion of VFX with a sound mix, colour correction, and score finished by the end of November to mid December, with a Thunder Bay release of Spring. (The trailer's "This Year" was meant for festivals.)

The release in Thunder Bay is still on time for Spring. I have a tentative March 18th date planned. (Wanted a 25th date but unfortunately Good Friday falls on that day, oh the irony)

So a quick with the bad, I have had a few VFX employees move onto other projects and had to replace them, unfortunately replacement means/retraining and rein-forming the new employee about codecs, file formats, workflow etc. So that takes up days. Other bad news, sickness... YAY! (Can't you hear the sarcasm) a couple have been sick and unable to keep up with the heavy workflow, but these guys are amazing and are trooping through it still. To those who left, I wish em the best, to those who are sick, I hope they get better and rid themselves of this terrible flu going around as of late.

And believe it or not, that is the worst news I have. Otherwise everything is flowing along nicely, shots are looking better and better everyday, and I am hoping that after the last month of delays we will be back on track to finish all the VFX by Xmas. (That will be a very merry Xmas for Ken and myself, if that works out) Then a score, sound mix and colour correction in the new year and voila! Film is still on time for spring!

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great Hallowe'en! And all is well! I will be updating my site with the new employee information, as well as a new episode of Ken and my podcast called SFEDcast on Saturday. We talk about Quiver, we talk about the new War For the Planet of the Apes film I am working on (and I'm sorry to disappoint but there is absolutely NO spoilers about the film) and we talk about some great films we've watched this year plus much more. I am hoping to get around to making an RSS feed for everyone, so that way you can subscribe, plus it will be available on iTunes and now that Ken is in town here, we'll be doing it a lot more regularly. So that means a LOT more updates with Quiver, with new projects and with everything else!

So stay warm, stay healthy, stay happy and have a fantastic Thursday!

Trevor
@tridon Sweet! :cool: Thanks Ken! :thumbs:

So we can expect an HDN Exclusive sometime in July of 2016? :naughty: :D

Haha! Ya never know! ;)

Very cool news today... Trev showed the trailer to someone of importance and they loved it! That news made my day. :)
That is so damn AWESOME! :cool: :notworthy: So happy and excited for you Ken! :thumbs: Just don't forget about us Ninjas when you hit the big time! :woot: ;)