Horror-Theatrical Quiver - In select theaters May 22, 2021

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Quiver (2015)

Tagline: I hope you brought extra bug spray, cause they're gonna eat you alive.

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Trevor Zurkan[/DIRECTOR]

Writer: Kenneth Livitski (yours truly ;))

Cast: [ACTOR]Robert Beck, Lisa Marie DiGiacinto, Andrew Paulsen, Dave DelBen, Tracey Stevens Barrett, Randy Feaver[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]TBD 2016[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]90[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Rudy and Claire decide to go on a camping trip for their anniversary. Unbeknown to them, there are mutated ticks lurking in the same woods, ready to drain them dry.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

New Trailer (released Sept. 04, 2015):

First Teaser Trailer (2012):

Quiver banner.jpg

What’s up, movie fanatics?! My name’s Kenneth Livitski, but most of you around here know me by my alias of ‘Tridon’. I’m opening this thread today to help spread the word about something that’s very near and dear to my heart to an audience that I know will appreciate it.

The something that I’m talking about is QUIVER, an independent horror film that was shot in the city and surrounding areas of my hometown, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. My role on QUIVER, and the reason why I’m here talking to you about it, is that of screenwriter and producer. Since this film was my brainchild, I want to spread the word to show how proud I am of it.

QUIVER completed shooting last fall and as of right now, it’s currently in its post-production stage. The film follows a couple who, after receiving the co-ordinates to an isolated camping destination, decide to go on a hiking trip to rekindle their relationship and celebrate their anniversary. Once they arrive, though, they soon realize that this area isn’t as isolated as they once thought and that something unexplainable awaits them.

The film was directed and produced by Still Frame Entertainment owner Trevor Zurkan and features a stellar cast that includes Robert Beck, Lisa Marie DiGiacinto, Andrew Paulsen, Dave DelBen, Tracey Stevens, Randy Feaver and more. Another thing about QUIVER is that it lives up to being considered a real independent picture.

This film was 100% funded by both Trevor and I. Since this is the case, I've gone ahead and opened a fundraising campaign for the film at IndieGoGo. All funds raised will go towards helping us finish post-production and to stay on schedule for our summer 2012 release date. If you donate, you can receive a cool perk, all of which is explained on the campaign page. If you’d be interested in donating and helping out, please check out the campaign and watch the video that's included on its page.

If you’re interested in learning more about the film, feel free to check it out on Facebook, IMDb, the Still Frame Entertainment Web site or at my own personal Tumblr Blog. Even if you can't donate towards the film, we still very much appreciate the following and support. Now, before I end this message, allow me to leave you with the link to the official trailer of QUIVER. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• quiver poster_v2.png
    quiver poster_v2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 446
Last edited:
I was the fill-in for the character of The Hunter played by Randy Feaver. Basically, whenever you see him getting thrown or pulled around in the film, that's me. I took the abuse so the actor wouldn't have to. :p

Haha Briliant, that's cool

I watched the 2015 trailer again and I thought I see you in a scene (it's quite a dark scene and the person is looking to the right) but then I realised it wasn't you so I thought I'd ask if you do.

Glad I did now, I wana see you get chucked about lol

Do you make a cameo at all? Or background extra in the film?

Looking forward to seeing it

I was the fill-in for the character of The Hunter played by Randy Feaver. Basically, whenever you see him getting thrown or pulled around in the film, that's me. I took the abuse so the actor wouldn't have to. :p

Haha Briliant, that's cool

I watched the 2015 trailer again and I thought I see you in a scene (it's quite a dark scene and the person is looking to the right) but then I realised it wasn't you so I thought I'd ask if you do.

Glad I did now, I wana see you get chucked about lol
LMFAO!!! :rofl: That's awesome! "Basically, whenever you see him getting thrown or pulled around in the film, that's me. I took the abuse so the actor wouldn't have to." Now I'm really looking forward to seeing this! :woot: :D

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
I remember checking this out last year during Ninja Week. I did not realize that it had not been released yet. The trailers are great and this is the kind of film I would enjoy watching. I really like films like "Backcountry" and White Water Summer. I am still looking forward to a release.

Looks good. It's not easy to do a full length movie (hell it's not easy to do a 30 minute movie) with a limited budget, but you've done well so far. Hope you'll finish it!

To everyone who's supported me over the years with Quiver, I'm going to tag you in this post so you can have the latest, freshest update.

I haven't talked to Trevor (the director) for nearly a year now. The last time I talked to him, he had just received some new CGI shots and said the film was around 90% complete... so it's getting there, but just at a ridiculously slow pace. I love Quiver. I love the people that I met on the set of that film and I'll forever be grateful to them, but after 6+ years without a completed film, I'm feeling like I'm at the end of my rope. I put a year into writing that film and another year into auditions, producing, traveling, catering, being a stunt double, working a boom mic, and the list goes on. So as sad as it is to admit it, I'm worn down... not physically, but creatively. The lack of a completed Quiver really killed my creativity for years. It really, really cut me deep.

Will it be completed? I don't know, but I REALLY hope so. I hope so for every individual that put their time and money into that project to help me out, and I deeply regret that I didn't hold on to any creative control in order to see it to completion.

But here's the thing: that creativity that I thought died has finally been coming back to life again. I'm turning 36 this year and when I turned 30, I made a promise to myself that I'd be on a stage at a horror convention by the time I turned 40. Time's running short and I can no longer count on Quiver, so next summer, I will be shooting my very own short horror film. The first of a planned five short films. Here's my five-year plan that'll take me to the age of 40:

1) Shoot a short horror film in the summer of 2019 and release it online for free (likely through the Geek Pants channel) by Halloween of next year
2) Repeat in 2020
3) Repeat in 2021
4) Repeat in 2022
5) Start a Kickstarter campaign in 2022 to release the four short films on a physical Blu-ray disc as a horror anthology along with a brand-new short film that'll connect all four stories together
6) Take my anthology on the road to conventions in 2023 when I'm 40 years old -- and seek funding at the same time for two new, full-length horror films that I currently have plotted out (this'll be going down a decade after I worked on Quiver)

I'll be talking more about 2019's short film soon, but if you want to know more, feel free to DM me. As for everyone who put money into helping me out with Quiver, I'm going to transfer their thanks/credits over to the new short film. It's not what I initially promised, but I hope it'll be a sufficient replacement. If you're one of those initial contributors, I'm deeply sorry.

Thanks, everyone! :)

@Wreck @Flloydo @bloodsnake007 @digitalbabe @toyklectrr @jdclark88 @aLLu @Kl3p3r @rj531 @severo @myraan_ @PunkNinja @YellowCake @hitster @Ricker @Ricardo13 @dan8885 @JCC @PascalCgon @mkachanthong @bigballas01 @TheStixter @spass @apsmith21 @Snollygoster @luke98 @Apollon @Asopp @chunk @Scary Hair @pdbluray @nicblue @D3mon @ash333 @Steelpen2

@tridon Hey bud, just posting here to let you know I didn't ignore your tag. But it was done in the period while I was away from the forums and didn't see a notification when I got back :)

Saw it now cos I followed the link from that new thread. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about Quiver.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon Hey bud, just posting here to let you know I didn't ignore your tag. But it was done in the period while I was away from the forums and didn't see a notification when I got back :)

Saw it now cos I followed the link from that new thread. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about Quiver.

Thanks, man. It's a bummer. Like I said, it may still happen one day, but it's been almost 7 years now since it wrapped and I haven't been updated on it for over a year. I'll re-open this thread in the future if any positive news comes along. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and IRON MAN
At last, a QUIVER update via Facebook:

For those that don't know, QUIVER is a horror film that I wrote/produced back in 2011. It appears that 2020 may finally be the year that everyone will be able to see it. :OMG:

For years now, I've dreamed of this brain-child of mine being seen by the horror community. It was a LOT of hard work with a lot of great, dedicated people. I dream of recording a commentary with Trev, of discussing the good times and the hardships with fellow horror fans.

I dream of it on Shudder... or a Blu-ray from Scream Factory. I dream of all the actors, crew members, and helpers smiling as they hear applause from an audience. I dream... a lot. My dreams help me through bad times where I question things. Where I question everything.

I knew Trev was working on QUIVER and knew that he was being hit by his own hardships, but knowing that I envisioned this creature feature callback to the films that I loved as a kid, and that nobody could see it... it killed me for a long time. Creatively, of course. Outside of writing the occasional article for HDN, I was creatively dead. I didn't write... I was scared to write. Of course, Geek Pants has been helping me through this and now, this news -- that QUIVER may finally be seen -- has me SO excited.

Thank you to everyone that supported the film originally and to everyone who's asked about it over the years. I truly appreciate and love you all. And for those that are just hearing about QUIVER now... hi! The film is shot, edited, and the visual effects are almost done. Soon! *fingers crossed*

Now, I had a good, honest conversation with Trev a few weeks ago and I won't get into the details, but I will say that, by the end of the convo, I felt in my heart for the first time in years that QUIVER will be seen by everyone... and I feel like it'll be this year. I'm reopening this thread for now and I hope to fill it with news for all of you real soon.