Raised Borders - Embossing

Jun 24, 2012
For a while now I've been getting a little tired with the borders on steelbooks...
Everybody always asks for embossed steelbooks, and I like embossing of course, but the borders just don't suit some steelbooks in my opinion, and I would prefer to go without embossing on those particular steelbooks.

I've started this thread as I see from the Aladdin thread that others maybe share my opinion.
I don't know if it's possible or not, but I would personally like to see more steelbooks debossed. Or perhaps see some different embossed effects. And I don't want to lose embossing altogether by any means, it looks perfect on some, I just don't think it's needed all the time.

Anyway feel free to share your opinions... if you love borders on all steelbooks or if you think we could do without them now and then... or if you have any good examples you would like to share.

Last edited:
No I know what embossing and debossing is lol, the last line of my post probably muddied the water. What I meant is I like embossed steels more but the border and title embossed steels can get a little boring unless they also emboss some of the other artwork like the big red z on the wwz steelbook for example :)

Reactions: dirtyoak
Is it just me or is the current embossed border of Steelbooks less thick and more sloping than the border of older Steelbooks like FS Iron Man?