Rambo: First Blood - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Masta Norris

"It's all part of the plan." (D.k., '21)
Premium Supporter
Aug 14, 2015
DE-NW
Release date: November 24, 2022
Purchase links: JPC - Amazon DE
Price: €37.99 (JPC) - €31.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin - Includes Pet Slip and Booklet

61URdFG0X4L._SL1500_.jpg

81bka6Ig-LL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I read somewhere that USA will be getting their own 40th release too with different art so could be seeing a lot of Rambo editions this year

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Brand new 4K UHD SteelBook Edition featuring 4K UHD & Blu-ray, exclusive new artwork by graphic designer and illustrator Matt Ryan Tobin, and a booklet with an in-depth essay by David J. Moore. The edition also includes two new bonus features.

Bonus Features:
Audio Commentary with Sylvester Stallone; Audio commentary with David Morell; 2 new featurettes with new interviews from cast & crew; A long way: 40 years of RAMBO - FIRST BLOOD about the emergence and influence of FIRST BLOOD, hunter and hunted; Jerry Goldsmith's FIRST BLOOD soundtrack

The brand-new SteelBook Edition will include a Blu-Ray and 4K Ultra HD™ disc and will roll-out across STUDIOCANAL’s territories (UK, France, Germany, Australia & New Zealand) from November this year. The new release will feature a striking new artwork created by graphic designer and illustrator, Matt Ryan Tobin

SPECIAL FEATURES available on the new SteelBook Edition:

• A LONG ROAD: 40 YEARS OF FIRST BLOOD – A new retrospective about the making and influence of First Blood with director Ted Kotcheff, First Blood author David Morrell, RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II editor Mark Goldblatt, RAMBO III director Peter MacDonald, RAMBO III screenwriter Sheldon Lettich, screenwriter/film historian C. Courtney Joyner, 80’s action movie historian/author david j. moore, and more
  • THE HUNTER AND THE HUNTED: SCORING FIRST BLOOD – A new retrospective focusing on Jerry Goldsmith’s highly influential score with soundtrack producer Robert Townson, film music historian Daniel Schweiger, and Goldsmith biographer Jeff Bond

Theatrical release dates:

UK/IRELAND – PARK CIRCUS:
24th June 2022

Home Entertainment release dates:

FRANCE – STUDIOCANAL:
23rd November 2022

UK – STUDIOCANAL: November 2022

GERMANY – STUDIOCANAL:24th November 2022

AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND – STUDIOCANAL: TBC

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
considering what all has been done before, I think its a worthy addition to the catalog of Rambo steels.

Plus the artist is awesome, and cool. I like the blades of grass matching the knife.

How many different First Blood steelbooks are there by now? More than The Thing?

Yet none with original Struzan's art (even though one steel was close to it, but they changed the background completely). Ultimately I had to buy the old DVD to get the original art, then added the 4K disc inside.

Just saw the French versions went up on FNAC and Amazon FR, looks like you get something extra with it looking at the photos. Maybe a plastic slip and a book or something? Nothing mentioned that I can see but the photo doesn't look like just a steelbook.

Yeah, saw that earlier. Looks like a pet slip with a booklet behind. Would help explain the 35euro price. Looks like some of the foreground steel design is actually on the slip and not the steel itself, could work quite well if so. Peaked my interest.