paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 21, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £25.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin - Includes Booklet

First Blood.jpg

71oqIl77+BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91w2-E6ahcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91eniZR0w0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone gotten sny feedback from studiocanal?
Studiocanal UK so far as I know not yet replied to customers who contacted them by email or those that used Twitter

The German and France Steeelbook discs has the new extras

UK release is meant to also have same discs content as it's advertised to be included in Studiocanal own press release for UK/France/Germany and listed on back of Slip in each country.

Studiocanal UK are going to eventually reply or just ignore customers
There will likely be a UK standard amaray release in 2023 with corrected discs

Also a possible Box Set of all Rambo films in 2023 in UK from StudioCanal

There will be a new Box Set of all 5 rambo films from Lionsgate USA in 2023 with first 3 films remastered with Dolby Vision and other new extras that Studiocanal don't have

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
I have the original first 4K slipcover release for this from studio canal in uk and it looks great. Are these new releases containing a new transfer? We’ve just had the zavvi EB and now this. Just thought it was the same transfer. If it is new, what have they done to the film because I thought it was as good as it could look. I know the main issue here is the new content but the film itself is more important to me personally and I want to own the best version.

Just had this back from studiocanal, there will be a disc replacement programme;

"Dear Sam,

Many thanks for your email. We are aware there was a production error on the Rambo 40th Anniversary Steelbook and that the 2 new extras were not included on the UHD disc:

A LONG ROAD: 40 YEARS OF FIRST BLOOD

THE HUNTER AND THE HUNTED: SCORING FIRST BLOOD

We will be implementing a disc replacement service early 2023.

Please be assured as soon as we have full details we will get back to you directly.

Kindest regards,

Studiocanal"

Just had this back from studiocanal, there will be a disc replacement programme;

"Dear Sam,

Many thanks for your email. We are aware there was a production error on the Rambo 40th Anniversary Steelbook and that the 2 new extras were not included on the UHD disc:

Please be assured as soon as we have full details we will get back to you directly.

Kindest regards,

Studiocanal"
Sweet! Cheers for the info mate

I have the original first 4K slipcover release for this from studio canal in uk and it looks great. Are these new releases containing a new transfer? We’ve just had the zavvi EB and now this. Just thought it was the same transfer. If it is new, what have they done to the film because I thought it was as good as it could look. I know the main issue here is the new content but the film itself is more important to me personally and I want to own the best version.
Undetermined. I haven't spoken to anyone who has the german/french copies to confirm if the transfer is different, just the extras. Tbh I expect it to be the same transfer though. SC are usually quite vocal about things like that in their press releases and they didn't mention anything.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
The transfer should be the same, and DV logo is there by error.
The only difference are the extras.
I guess if rumors of a new US Boxset are true, these, and more bonus materials, will be there, even if I won't be able to get a replacement disc for these.
Arrow was great about that with their 12 Monkeys replacement discs, got both, one in US, one in UK.

Reactions: Retro Parrot

"Dear Sam,

Kindest regards,

Studiocanal"
I got the same email this morning

Reactions: samdavies

"Dear Sam,

Kindest regards,

Studiocanal"
Great, which email did you use?

If i buy this from the hmv official store on eBay will i be entitled to claim the replacement disc ?
thanks
Yes you will be entitled

StudioCanal UK have not announced the replacement UHD disc programme details yet
Expected to be early 2023 that could mean soon or next few months

When the details are known
How to get the UK UHD replacement disc will be listed

StudioCanal told me they will contact me when replacement programme is ready
I will post that info when I get it

Yes you will be entitled

StudioCanal UK have not announced the replacement UHD disc programme details yet
Expected to be early 2023 that could mean soon or next few months

When the details are known
How to get the UK UHD replacement disc will be listed

StudioCanal told me they will contact me when replacement programme is ready
I will post that info when I get it
I havent gotten any response on my email at all…

Amazon UK have a new listing
Release date
March 6 2023

I assume this release will have correct UHD disc with the new extras that was missing from previous UK release

Amazon product

I sent a email to StudioCanal today asking is there any update in regards to when the replacement UHD disc programme will be announced
I'm awaiting a reply to that email

Studiocanal just mailed me to say they've reprinted both the UK 4K disc and the PET slip and are ready to issue replacements.

There should be some sort of formalised scheme published soon, no details yet. Can't imagine they expect everyone to email them directly for these.
I got a email at Midday today
They asked for my delivery address details
They said they will send me the UHD disc and ORing as soon as possible