USA
Release date: November 16, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Notes: PET slip, new disc artwork, glossy steelbook

ran.png

Last edited:
Halloween and Saw did, and Total Recall got a version with bossing as like this Studiocanal have the rights but I see your point. Dredd didn't and I don't want to miss this either so best be safe!

Yeah, I was thinking steelbooks that are solely Lionsgate titles and not licensed from another studio - so Dirty Dancing and Dredd (as you mention) but this could be Lionsgate and Studiocanal team up in that case. You might be right.

Someone might have given us a clue with “low print run” (could be shared with unique slips)

Reactions: TheEvilBread
Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the steelbook art. Maybe it’ll look better in person. I’ll probably buy it anyway as it’s one of my favorites from Kurosawa.

Halloween and Saw did, and Total Recall got a version with bossing as like this Studiocanal have the rights but I see your point. Dredd didn't and I don't want to miss this either so best be safe!
I'd like to think they would, but seeing as the studiocanal 4k comes out in the UK in a week and there's been no steelbook announcement, I kind of doubt it now really. They're normally straight in there with steel preorders the same time as amaray.

Thrilled to upgrade the Criterion DVD with a 4K steelbook. The art looks okay. There have been a few really good Ran posters in recent years that would have made me happier—especially the ones by Kevin Tong, which I'm still a little disappointed I wasn't fast enough to purchase in the few seconds they were available. Imagine either of these as a lenticular slipcover:

ed651df7f37e88ea9621311909e05788.jpg