USA
Release date: November 16, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Notes: PET slip, new disc artwork, glossy steelbook

ran.png

Last edited:
Never seen this but the steelbook art looks really nice. I’m not sure how I feel about the deluge of these PET slip covers at the moment; especially when they have integral art because if they become faded or come apart over time the steelbook is essentially ruined. with a super glossy finish there’s a risk of scratching too. All that aside, great looking steelbook.

I like both designs tbh, so would be happy with either... so long as the "new" one also definitely comes with a PET slip that is.

I asked Zi about it, and here's what she said:

"So that artwork there was actually the preliminary mock-up Lionsgate showed me when we first started working on it. They didn’t want it as a photomanipulation and wanted someone to recreate it as an illustration so that’s what I did. What I’m thinking is that it’s currently a placeholder as we’re waiting for the final package to come together."

New design isn't bad but definitely inferior to the original that was shown. I'll be buying either.

Original artwork is clearly the winner by popular vote. However the second prototype is just the pet slip, i believe which is not so bad imo, as long as they keep the original steelbook design

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I asked Zi about it, and here's what she said:

"So that artwork there was actually the preliminary mock-up Lionsgate showed me when we first started working on it. They didn’t want it as a photomanipulation and wanted someone to recreate it as an illustration so that’s what I did. What I’m thinking is that it’s currently a placeholder as we’re waiting for the final package to come together."

Thanks for posting here.

I'm less panicky now.

Barack Obama GIF by NowThis

Favourite movie, I definitely need this, and I assume it won't be easily available in Canada.

Just joined this site because I figured a group buy is my best bet. Haven't done one before and not entirely sure how it works but I'd definitely like in on this one. @apsmith21

Favourite movie, I definitely need this, and I assume it won't be easily available in Canada.

Just joined this site because I figured a group buy is my best bet. Haven't done one before and not entirely sure how it works but I'd definitely like in on this one. @apsmith21

Welcome!

this thread should help

Group buy posted

As I have not purchased from your good self @apsmith21 before can I ask you will you message buyers individually with the shipping invoice or post a link for all buyers in the GB Ran thread ? Thank you most kindly for organizing the GB as well.

Reactions: apsmith21
As I have not purchased from your good self @apsmith21 before can I ask you will you message buyers individually with the shipping invoice or post a link for all buyers in the GB Ran thread ? Thank you most kindly for organizing the GB as well.

Details here :